Breaking news from the whale wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm waiting for the ice to be thick enough, then it's gonna be party time... :letsparty::letsparty::letsparty::letsparty:

Yeah, make sure you don't fall and bust your azz, Eric. Wouldn't want to see you fall on your hack a pick or anything sweetheart. :kiss2:

No thank you - I will pass.
Can you please explain the photos in the following article please -

Faeroe Islands: The Graveyard of Shame - Sea Shepherd

Well it is a graveyard I know exactly where that is it is public knowledge (but you dont speak Faroese so its gonna be hard too find the info)
there are quite a few around the islands and two for larger whales (have not been hunted for 26 years)
As for the article there is some truth in it but also some crap
The whale pups cannot be eaten and therefor dumped there is no way of knowing which whales are pregnant
That was a shameful killing in Klaksvik and as a result of that there will probably not be whales killed there again
As for the pictures there is nothing wrong there death is never pretty !

That really would be some sick diving - i must say.

You have too be a sick puppy if you would want to dive with carcasses

Well it is a graveyard I know exactly where that is it is public knowledge (but you dont speak Faroese so its gonna be hard too find the info)
there are quite a few around the islands and two for larger whales (have not been hunted for 26 years)
As for the article there is some truth in it but also some crap
The whale pups cannot be eaten and therefor dumped there is no way of knowing which whales are pregnant
That was a shameful killing in Klaksvik and as a result of that there will probably not be whales killed there again
As for the pictures there is nothing wrong there death is never pretty !

You have too be a sick puppy if you would want to dive with carcasses

Thank you for your honesty.

Thank you for your honesty.

You will always get an honest answer from me why would I lie when I believe in my cause and my cause is just !

I will leave the BS for Sea sheperd and the likes ! they seem to enjoy it !

I'm waiting for the ice to be thick enough, then it's gonna be party time... :letsparty::letsparty::letsparty::letsparty:

Hopefully the enviro-nuts leave everyone alone this year.

Stay safe,
U\O

The yellow guys are just like white guys economically. The aboriginal and Faroe island hunts (can be quite barbaric) aren't cloaked under a scientific sham. The big deal with Japan and it's government is that they subsidize the hunt under a pretext. They deserve to get hammered not for being yellow, but for being BS artists. Same should go for any country using a BS smoke screen. :shakehead:

As per the AUSSIE's - at least they publicly denounce whaling, but at the end of the day trading takes precedence over whale meat. So, nothing with real teeth occurs. Additionally, Japan was quite brutal with the AUSSIE's during WW II and I know many countries dominated and brutalized by Japan (Philipines, China, Korea) in the early half of the 20th Century haven't forgotten about it. Can't blame them really.

Last bit - data. I research a fair amount last season to see if there was a profitability margin. It took a lot of time and at the end of the day was not worth it for me to dissect data when it becomes apparent that all anyone does on these threads is mostly involve themselves in chest thumping/flame throwing. However, I did discover:

a. financial info. was not easily accessible. Seems purposeful on the Japanese side.
b. profit margin (if any) could not be determined
c. operating costs for Japan are HUGE
d. worth/purposefulness of the Antarctic and existing commercial whaling sector - questionable

The late start to the season probably signifies major changes for the rest of this decade. Death of these types of operations due to obsolescence.

X

Well X, I don't think much of you for bringing the war into this. My dad was in the middle of it for the duration & he decided long ago that, that was then, & this is now, & that hating their descendants for generations was, pointless, counterproductive, & could only lead to more of the same for his descendants.

All governments live behind a smoke screen, & their citizens have very selective memories. Look at the way governments around the world are responding to their dirty laundry being aired in public on Wikileaks.

Ever in the Faroes give me a call and i will show u some sick diving in the cleanest sea in the world.

Doubt I'll ever get there, but if I do, I'll give you a call.

Well X, I don't think much of you for bringing the war into this. My dad was in the middle of it for the duration & he decided long ago that, that was then, & this is now, & that hating their descendants for generations was, pointless, counterproductive, & could only lead to more of the same for his descendants.

All governments live behind a smoke screen, & their citizens have very selective memories. Look at the way governments around the world are responding to their dirty laundry being aired in public on Wikileaks.

Don't be a child. Read what I said. Context is everything in a world where people of power come to power through means not always related to wisdom, or logic.

X

Back
Top Bottom