Breathhold free-diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbm

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for "the" definitive book on breathhold free-diving.

I am mostly interested in technique and training methodology, as well as the associated physiology.

I know this book is out there somewhere!! I just need this forums help in finding it!

Thanks in advance!

jbm

Hi Folks

I hate to post this but just wanted to share it with all.

I've just lost a friend (an experience Divemaster) to skin diving last Friday. No confirmation on the cause of his departure but is suspected of shallow water black-out.

If you are really into freediving, please do heed the advice of the books and don't over do your limitations.

Hi scubakat

Thanks for the kind words. Will extend it to his next of kin.

I think breath-hold diving to the extreme is a bit queer. Actually it is meshing arround with one of the most important bodily functions: breathing :amazed:. By training you can postpone the breathing reflex to more dangerous oxygen/carbon dioxide levels. This is performed in an environment hostile :grrr: to humans: under water.

:eek:ff: just my opinion....

Bob- thanks for the site

Ralph- thanks for steering me to "FREEDIVE."

SaltyWhale- point taken , sorry for your loss

ScubaJorgen- value your opinion.........not planning on taking

anything to the extreme.

I appreciate all the feedback!

Thanks jbm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom