Brinyte DIV10 "3000 Lumen" Canister light Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use it with 3 x Keeppower 5200mAh cells but never run mine dry so don't know what's their limit but have been on quite a few 90+min dives at the brightest setting

Thank you scuba_mc, 90+ minutes sounds good, I'll start with three cells and buy more if they're not enough.

I'll probably get this light for next summer's dives, unless Brinyte rolls out something new over the winter.

Mine was heavily messed with, but after about 9 monthes, it is still working. But to be honest, I only used it while I was on vacation, so not too many dives. I do anticipate to see issue with the switch. The plus side is it hasn't leaked yet. If you can find this light at low cost, I think it is a good light. If you need a light that just works under demanding condition, then this may not be the right light for you, I will say get something from the big guys.

As for runtime, I have been able to get a bit more than 2 hours with KingKong 4000mAh. The drawn from battery is about 2A give or take. About 1.7A go into the LED leads. Each LED generates about ~600 lumen, total output is more like 1800 lumen

I mainly do non-technical wreck diving in the Gulf of Finland. While good lighting is very important, I'm willing to go with a cheaper light until I get into more serious stuff. I had a 740lm Magicshine MJ-810E flashlight for a couple of years, while it has worked fine, the non-standard battery has proven to be problematic. I can't buy spares anywhere, and sometimes there's no possibility of recharging between diving days. I recently replaced it with a 1000lm Brinyte DIV 11 and was positively surprised by the build quality, so now I'm considering getting the DIV 10 as my main light and moving the DIV 11 into backup.

Interesting points about actual lumens, I might take the DIV 11 to a local flashlight shop to have its actual output measured. It's brighter than the Magicshine though.

I mainly do non-technical wreck diving in the Gulf of Finland. While good lighting is very important, I'm willing to go with a cheaper light until I get into more serious stuff. I had a 740lm Magicshine MJ-810E flashlight for a couple of years, while it has worked fine, the non-standard battery has proven to be problematic. I can't buy spares anywhere, and sometimes there's no possibility of recharging between diving days. I recently replaced it with a 1000lm Brinyte DIV 11 and was positively surprised by the build quality, so now I'm considering getting the DIV 10 as my main light and moving the DIV 11 into backup.

Interesting points about actual lumens, I might take the DIV 11 to a local flashlight shop to have its actual output measured. It's brighter than the Magicshine though.

If you think Magicshine's battery (18650) is non-standard and problematic, this DIV10 uses 22650, which is an even less common battery. Replacement choice is more limited and harder to come by compared to 18650. I won't think it is the right light for you.

If you think Magicshine's battery (18650) is non-standard and problematic, this DIV10 uses 22650, which is an even less common battery. Replacement choice is more limited and harder to come by compared to 18650. I won't think it is the right light for you.

They do market it as a 2 x 18650 flashlight, but it actually uses some sort of a custom battery, which has both positive and negative terminals on the same side. Won't work with standard 18650s, I've tried.

My switch went out on mine, when it was working it was very impressive for the price. Ive been contacted to send it to Hong Kong, however I don't have much interest in going that route. When the batteries are put in the light it just comes on, it cant be switch between modes, sometimes it will turn off/on but that it. If anyone has figured out how to fix the switch themselves, suggestions would be helpful, I will probably start working on it this week, or order the DRIS Shorty light, and put it on a goodman glove instead.

Hi Midge

Let me know how it goes with the switch repair, mine is on the way out. As you say it's an impressive light, would be a shame to have to bin it for the sake of a simple switch.

Hi Midge

Let me know how it goes with the switch repair, mine is on the way out. As you say it's an impressive light, would be a shame to have to bin it for the sake of a simple switch.

Project went to crap very quickly, I'm not even sure its a repairable part with the way its manufactured. I could be completely wrong, but I broke the power wire so I think I will let it collect dust for a couple years then throw it away. I'm thinking about ordering a couple DRIS Impact Stubbys (video, and spot). I would of sent it back for warranty, however I really didn't feel like dealing with international shipping to China.

The switches are magnetic or hall effect. The switch is mounted in a recess (not drilled though) over a coil on a circuit board. Pressing the switch pushes a magnet closer to the coil and causes it to shift through the modes and if the light won't come on the board is bad.

Back
Top Bottom