British woman drowns in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simon-;6022870 The main concern we have in here is payment of "Blood Money". Pay that instead of going to jail if someone dies (at the families discretion). If it is a local:
From what I have seen the same situation in Thailand except the sums seem to be less. But if a foreigner is paying they seem to get increased substantially. I have always wondered if the dive insurance carrier would indeed make such a payment or walk away saying it's not part of the policy? Anyone have any first hand experience in a situation like this?

I was on a boat and spotted a body, obviously dead, at sea in the Gulf of Thailand. Contacted the boat owners and was told under no circumstances to bring the body back to shore as that would leave us open to liability. We got in touch with, the coastguard gave our position and were told we could carry on. We later saw a coastguard ship heading in that direction. Nothing else was heard about the incident. That's the way of things out there. :coffee:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom