BS this Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpsexton:
Congratulations! :) I'm looking forward to starting my rescue class soon.

I'm looking forward to you starting your class as well. :D

jpsexton:
Congratulations! :) I'm looking forward to starting my rescue class soon.

Thanks JP. It is definitely the most challenge class I've taken. It can be quite physically and mentally grueling. But it is absolutely worth the effort. I had an excellent instructor and that is key. The course can be made quite generic and not very challenging, but with a good instructor they can really keep you hopping.

I know without a doubt that jbd will give you guys quite a challenge!

Divin'Hoosier:
I was doing rescue scenarios and was only diving with a digital bottom timer that doesn't record temp. From the time or two I looked at the temp, I think around 68-70 at the surface, mid-50s at 20' and mid-40s at depth.

68-70 at the surface? No way! Seriously? :confused: Really?

If it's really 68-70 on the surface, then I wanna dive tomorrow!

erparamedic:
68-70 at the surface? No way! Seriously? :confused: Really?

If it's really 68-70 on the surface, then I wanna dive tomorrow!

My BT might have been reading high, but it was pretty warm. Now you don't have to go very deep to find cold water, and there was all sorts of upwelling and churn with that many divers in the water, but it is definitely warming up. We've had some very sunny days, and it's really starting to warm the upper layer of the thermocline.

rakkis:
No way. It was more like 58*F at the surface.

Sorry to get your hopes up Jamie. My Uwatec BT must be too slow to adjust. It's pretty new and I only use it as a backup, but it's all I wore on my rescue dives because I didn't want to put my computer at risk.

Good news is that with all of this sun, it IS warming up, just not as quickly as I thought.

Divin'Hoosier:
Sorry to get your hopes up Jamie. My Uwatec BT must be too slow to adjust. It's pretty new and I only use it as a backup, but it's all I wore on my rescue dives because I didn't want to put my computer at risk.

Good news is that with all of this sun, it IS warming up, just not as quickly as I thought.

No worries, DH! :wink: I was guessing that it was pretty close to 58ish... and I was at the dive shop this morning and they said the same thing.

It was just kinda... well... wishful thinking that you found a hot spring somewhere at BS! Hah! :D One can dream, right! :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom