Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creamofwheat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The guy who I was supposed to go diving with this week crapped out on me and claimed it was too cold to go diving and says he has to study for exams.

I, however, feel very differently. I don't need to study for exams :wink:

It's been 2 weeks since I was certified, and dammit I want to go diving! Basically, I am looking for someone to be my buddy on my first dive after cert. I am hoping to go next wednesday, during the day and do 2 dives....or if weekdays don't work, this coming sunday the 4th, but i need to know that one ASAP so I can rent my gear by tomrrow (the shop I go to isnt open on weekends...)

I would like to check out either Whytecliff or Porteau as they are nice and close, and I did my cert dives there but would like to check out more of the sites. I want a nice easy dive (well, 2 dives, actually...if I am spending $100 to rent all equipment plus dry suit, I want to get my money's worth :D), at around 60 ft. I still haven't managed a safety stop as I become way too buoyant at 15ft and just pop to the surface from there and there's no stopping me. So, evidently, I would like to work on this. I also want to play around with weights and see if I can shed any, and I may or may not need someone to pull me down past the first 15 ft. :D My instructor had to do that, hehe. Oh, and I'm giving you a heads up...I am still slightly nervous.

If you are also a new diver and want to practice these skills with me, perfect! Or, if you are more experienced and are willing to help me out and wont get annoyed at me for not doing things correctly yet and making stupid mistakes, then yay! Feel free to send me a PM if you feel like diving with me on my first post-cert dive.

Grr, stupid dive buddy is such a sissy. :D

That's it, after this, I am convincing my stepdad to take his refresher course! Then I have someone easily accessible to dive with whenever I like. :D

ETA: Apparently I have a thing for the ":D" smiley face. I overuse it, apparently.

I'm trying to get a buddy of mine to go on Sat so we can dive the Nakaya, but that's not 100% yet.

If you guys are comfortable in a group of 3, let me know and I may come out for an easy dive out to the Granthall or the Centennial ... or both. :)

Bjorn

I am definitely ok with you coming as well Bjorn.

And scratch my sunday or wednesday ideas. My exams start waaay sooner than I thought they did. But I am game for next friday!! Right smack bang in the middle of my exams just seems so much more logical. I can, you know, destress underwater!

Let me know if Friday Dec 9th works....for 2 dives. I want to get my money's worth out of my equipment rentals. :D

C-o-w: Do you have a time when you are meeting on Sat? And a way to spot you? That would really help me out :wink:

Wont be there on sat...I will be writing my last paper of the term on saturday. :( I'd rather be diving, trust me. :D

Gotcha.

Well have fun writing your paper :wink:

Gosh Cream of.....sorry your buddy crapped out. You were so excited about going diving. I'm no good in cold water. Have you thought of traveling to Florida? My group is going Jan, Feb and March. You are welcome to come along. Check out the website at www.gypsydivers.com

Bjorn...perhaps we can dive another time! I am thinking of purchasing a rental package from my LDS so then I can dive as much as I am able and wont have to fork out money every time. And no, I will not have fun writing my paper. It's a boring one about money and social class in one of Jane Austen's novels. It's so dry and boring, and I have to make it 20 pages too...damn.

BratFace, it's ok, I am still going diving...with Ryan up there. :D And as a matter of fact, I have thought of travelling to florida, but as I am a student, it is hard for me to get time off until I graduate in may, at which point I am heading to Australia for a few months. I will definitely check the linnk out, thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom