Bungee cord for inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No bungee use bike inter tube Here is the size I use: mountain bike tube = 26X1.75-2.35, bought at a local bike shop.

Really? GUE always shows bungee. I would think after awhile the rubber inner tube would weaken and snap.

?

ScoobieDooo:
Hi, what size bungee is used for the inflator hose loop?

?

Not sure at 100% but I think it is 1/8". Anyway I made my harness myself and that the size of bungee that I'm using.

Hope that help

Mine is probably 1/8" . Thread it through the loop that your webbing makes to hold down the D ring.

I've also seen people use surgical tubing. My guess is that will need replacing more often than bungie cord.

You can use inner tube to keep the LP inflator hose next to the webbing back on your shoulder.

I use the 1/8 in also. Works great.

I don't think bike inner tube is DIR.

I used 3/16" bungee tied into a loop and fixed in the webbing loop formed by the D-ring/triglide. I also put 2 inner tube rings on the corrugated hose to retain the LP inflator hose.

When you set up your rig, the LP hose should be routed over the bungee loop, not through it with the corrugated hose--- this will supposedly prevent the hose from disconnecting if the coupling is accidentally pulled upward against the bungee.

Schwim

What does DIR have against bungee, anyway?

My Halcyon harness came with a thin (probably 1/8") bungee deflator retainer, but also a couple of those inner-tube things as backup light retainers. I promptly replaced one of those with a steel slider and a piece of thicker bungee, which works a lot better.

On a leisure dive, I use the 'backup' Scout lite as an inspection light and the bungee arrangement provides for MUCH easier deployment and stowing.

3/16 - thats what I thought. Ahh, neat idea about inner tube for the LP hose. I used inner tube for the backup lights but didn't know about using them for the LP hose as well. Smart idea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom