Bungee cord for inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doole:
You know, I can't believe that I'm admitting to this in a public forum, but more and more I'm discovering on my own, over a great long period of time, that that's the way that actually seems to work.

(ALthough it's a bee-atch finding that little string in 3mm gloves. Still works, nevertheless.)
Change the string....a lot of cold water guys do.

Dump Mod

doole:
You know, I can't believe that I'm admitting to this in a public forum, but more and more I'm discovering on my own, over a great long period of time, that that's the way that actually seems to work.

(ALthough it's a bee-atch finding that little string in 3mm gloves. Still works, nevertheless.)

3mm gloves? hahaha, that'd be easy. Try drygloves with fleece on underneath. I'm going to be changing my string soon so I can find it a little easier.

bcsean:
3mm gloves? hahaha, that'd be easy. Try drygloves with fleece on underneath. I'm going to be changing my string soon so I can find it a little easier.

Never liked drygloves - for that, among many other, reasons.

'Deep Sea'; the ones with the cinch - wet & very warm.

Not all of the time. Sometimes you are forced to go vertical coming out of a cave.

Did one of your instructors show you the inflator hose through the shock chord? I'm curious why that would be better or worse to do it that way.

jonnythan:
It's the DIR way, dude.

Dan Gibson:
Not all of the time. Sometimes you are forced to go vertical coming out of a cave.

Did one of your instructors show you the inflator hose through the shock chord? I'm curious why that would be better or worse to do it that way.
I'm actually not sure if it was even mentioned in my class. There was so much to take in, I don't now remember some of the little details.

I know that one of my buddies showed it, and said something to the effect of "it's DIR now" or something. I'm not very concerned, and I've seen several very good divers do it, and it works for me. If someone has a good reason not to do it that way, I'll listen.

I decided to run my lpi thru my bungee simply because the corrugated hose (Oxycheq Signature series) wanted to 'catch' the bungee. In other words, the bungee would sit in the ridges of the corrugated hose. Not a big deal (I use the butt dump anyway) as all it takes is a little pull on the corrugated hose to unseat the bungee, but I have found it much more convenient having the lpi go thru the bungee instead of the corrugated hose.

Just the reason I do it, and I have no idea if it is dir or not.

Brian

wingnut:
I decided to run my lpi thru my bungee simply because the corrugated hose (Oxycheq Signature series) wanted to 'catch' the bungee. In other words, the bungee would sit in the ridges of the corrugated hose. Not a big deal (I use the butt dump anyway) as all it takes is a little pull on the corrugated hose to unseat the bungee, but I have found it much more convenient having the lpi go thru the bungee instead of the corrugated hose.

Just the reason I do it, and I have no idea if it is dir or not.

Brian

My DIR-F instructor told me to put only the corrugated hose through the bungee. If the LP hose is fed through it, it might get disconnected (he told me).

I have done it like that ever since and it works.

Yeah, I can see how it could be disconnected. To combat that I run the lpi hose along the corrugated with an inner tube, then just the lpi thru the bungee, then I run the lpi thru another inner tube on the corrugated hose just above the connection. This prevents the lpi connection to the corrugated hose from getting caught in the bungee, possibly disconnecting it.

This way has worked for me, but I'm open to hearing any concerns with this method.

That's the way I learned it from AG, but that's been three years ago.

Reinoud:
My DIR-F instructor told me to put only the corrugated hose through the bungee. If the LP hose is fed through it, it might get disconnected (he told me).

I have done it like that ever since and it works.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom