Bungee cord for inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just as a point of interest, I bought a Halcyon BP/W combo about 5 months ago and it came with a "shock cord/bungee cord" holder for the inflator. YMMV. I'm taking DIR-F on Thursday, I'll be sure to ask my instructor the correct way.

I have two pieces of tire tubing on the corrugated hose. I keep the corrugated hose out of the bungee on the harness. I put the inflator hose through the tubing and bungee on the harness. Seems to work just fine.

I hope you never have to go for the inflator or deflator quickly and find the whole thing is behind you and you can't reach it. It should go through the shock cord loop that comes with it.

jonnythan:
I have two pieces of tire tubing on the corrugated hose. I keep the corrugated hose out of the bungee on the harness. I put the inflator hose through the tubing and bungee on the harness. Seems to work just fine.

detroit diver:
I use the 1/8 in also. Works great.

I don't think bike inner tube is DIR.

I use 1/8 bungie. Use what you think works best for you. Don't get too hung up on "its not DIR", there is no DIR police and you won't be fined for using gear that you are comfortable with.

Dan Gibson:
I hope you never have to go for the inflator or deflator quickly and find the whole thing is behind you and you can't reach it. It should go through the shock cord loop that comes with it.
The inflator hose itself goes through the bungee and keeps the assembly right where I need it.

OK, now that I reread your post, I see what you are doing. My bad.

Why not put the corrugated hose through the shock chord instead? And then there is the whole argument on whether or not the inflator hose should go on inside or outside.

jonnythan:
The inflator hose itself goes through the bungee and keeps the assembly right where I need it.

Dan Gibson:
OK, now that I reread your post, I see what you are doing. My bad.

Why not put the corrugated hose through the shock chord instead? And then there is the whole argument on whether or not the inflator hose should go on inside or outside.
You know, I couldn't really tell you. I used to it with just the corrugated hose through the bungee, then with both, now with just the inflator hose. I haven't really noticed much difference between them, but most of my buddies have switched to just the inflator hose, so might as well stay uniform :wink:

BTW, the deflator is always in the same spot... right on the bottom of the wing :wink:

jonnythan:
You know, I couldn't really tell you. I used to it with just the corrugated hose through the bungee, then with both, now with just the inflator hose. I haven't really noticed much difference between them, but most of my buddies have switched to just the inflator hose, so might as well stay uniform :wink:

BTW, the deflator is always in the same spot... right on the bottom of the wing :wink:

Hey jonnythan, are you saying that the way you habitually deflate is through the back door?

doole:
Hey jonnythan, are you saying that the way you habitually deflate is through the back door?
It's the DIR way, dude.

jonnythan:
It's the DIR way, dude.

You know, I can't believe that I'm admitting to this in a public forum, but more and more I'm discovering on my own, over a great long period of time, that that's the way that actually seems to work.

(ALthough it's a bee-atch finding that little string in 3mm gloves. Still works, nevertheless.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom