Bungee cord for inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Gibson:
That's the way I learned it from AG, but that's been three years ago.

I was taught the same about two weeks ago by a GUE instructor.

Also was taught that the inflator button should be facing midline chest (I still need to turn mine 180 degrees on the corrugated hose). If the button is facing lateral, there's a chance for stage/deco bottles to accidently inflate the wing by impact.

I believe that is one of the many reasons Halcyon decided to make their own inflators. In the past, these things kept changing. There are some with the inflator button on the outside.

Schwim:
I was taught the same about two weeks ago by a GUE instructor.

Also was taught that the inflator button should be facing midline chest (I still need to turn mine 180 degrees on the corrugated hose). If the button is facing lateral, there's a chance for stage/deco bottles to accidently inflate the wing by impact.

JeffG:
Change the string....a lot of cold water guys do.

Dump Mod

I usually dive with thick gloves on and have a tough time using the pull sting on the rear dump. What is the proper way to change the string?

Thanks,
>(LF))>

LittleFish:
I usually dive with thick gloves on and have a tough time using the pull sting on the rear dump. What is the proper way to change the string?

Thanks,
>(LF))>

I just tied a few extra thick knots in the cord all the way up to about a quarter-inch from the dump valve.. gives it a little more tactile feedback. That and alittle practice was all it took for me in 5 mil gloves.

LittleFish:

Thanks,
>(LF))>
Check the link in my post you quoted.

In the last couple of days someone posted a link to an email outlining upcoming changes to the DIR-F curriculum. Among the list of requirements for gear it was specifically stated that the inflator hose and corrugated hose must both be under the bungee. Based on the wide range of "my instructor said" comments it sounds like GUE needs to send everybody a memo, or maybe this is a new standard?

-Ben M.

airsix:
it sounds like GUE needs to send everybody a memo
Naw...We will just let darwin sort it out.

The new Halcyon Webbing system comes with a thick O Ring that is just a little bigger than the left chest D ring, most people still use 3/16 bungee

Two of the "choices" divers could make within the DIR system were LP hose over or under the Bungee and crotch strap D ring tucked in or out. When I took Rec Triox with Bob Sherwood, he had just returned from the GUE conference in Egypt, where he informed us that it has been "decided." The LP hose GOES UNDER the Bungee and the Crotch strap D ring is NEVER tucked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom