Bungee necklace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jawbone

Reaction score
I'm making my own bungee necklace. How long of a piece of bungee would I need to have to make the necklace? Should it slide over my head or do you need to stretch it out to go over the head. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jason

Start with a piece about 2' long. Tie a knot in one end. Loop the bungee around your neck, and mark where the other knot should be. You want the 2nd stage just under your chin - ideally close enough to grab it hands free. Tie another knot there.

Use a zip tie and cinch the bungee around the mouthpiece. The knots will prevent it from pulling out.

Boogie711:
Use a zip tie and cinch the bungee around the mouthpiece. The knots will prevent it from pulling out.

Boogie: would you loop the knots under the existing zipstrip that holds the mouthpiece on or use a second one?

There's an old article in Immersed about this. They say "about 1.5 inches of bungee per 1 inch of neck size..."

Anyway, I've found this a pretty good rule of thumb.

:)

Took everyones advice and finally made my necklace. Works great. Thanks. Jason

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom