Buoyancy Humble Pie -- Old Dog Learns New Tricks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup... Digital can be a wonderful and useful addition to diving, both while in the water and when reviewing dive data afterwards. Just ignore the prevailing Mennonite divers on ScubaBoard, leave them to their J-valves. :wink:

And what's wrong with "J" valves? They had a way of making some dives more interesting!:D

How many dives do you have with a computer vs without one??.....I'm thinking captain has several thousand before the word computer was ever even thought of-last time I checked, he's doing 'just fine'......

Even you acknowledged in your first post in this thread that an old dog can learn new tricks, so I don't understand the hostility here at all. The whole point of this thread is that you can do something 'just fine' for many years and still find out there's room for improvement. The computer is not the point at all, it's just the tool that gave him more info in this case.

When I am in my boat in 6 foot seas the depth finder makes the line that represents the bottom look like a saw blade and the line that represents surface is perfectly straight and smooth. Should I then believe that the waves I am seeing are not what they seem and the sea is actually smooth and that the bottom is actually a series of hill and valleys.

Even you acknowledged in your first post in this thread that an old dog can learn new tricks, so I don't understand the hostility here at all. The whole point of this thread is that you can do something 'just fine' for many years and still find out there's room for improvement. The computer is not the point at all, it's just the tool that gave him more info in this case.

Whatever, ......:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom