Burst Disk for Steel 72?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been filling 2400 psi 72 for 30 years to 3000 working pressure with 3000 psi discs used in the aluminum tanks. I have my own compressor and never had a problem. I'll bet they would still pass hydro. my theory is why subject them to more pressure of hydro?? I fill about 400 tanks a year. when I want to sell them I will bet they pass a hydro. I just sold 4 lp 85s 2400 Psi that have been filled to 3400 cool down to 3000 never hydroid for 20 years use all 4 pasted hydro. Checked all four for interior problems and all 4 were clear except for very minor spotting of rust in bottom of tanks. If you use them it's much better than letting them set for months at a time.

Thanks everyone. I now have the correct burst disks, modular valves, hydros, VIP's etc on these old 72's. I took them out diving last weekend. They are perfect for the side mount diving that I do. They also fit the bands of my Watergill At-Pac when I want to go real vintage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom