Burst disks???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just wish you would list them in the "Valves" section so they would be easy to find.

Always been there, under Service Parts....

1661548636114.png

The search box also works...

1661548749363.png

Valves should be serviced no less often than the hydro schedule. Burst disc replacement occurs during valve service....

If you want to be pedantic, legally they MUST be replaced within 10 years of the manufacture date of the burst disc itself. Replace at hydro is easier to keep track of and for a part that cheap it's not worth tracking. Per CGA S-1.1
Really? can you cite this? We run a hydro facility and do 1000's of cylinders a year, been audited by the DOT and have never heard of nor seen in the CFR's for burst disc replacement requirement at hydro.

Really? can you cite this? We run a hydro facility and do 1000's of cylinders a year, been audited by the DOT and have never heard of nor seen in the CFR's for burst disc replacement requirement at hydro.
You're only doing hydro, you're not responsible for the valves....
Either way, I did cite it, it's in S-1.1 It is mentioned several times in there for each of the different types of valves.

Really? ..
Agree, In addition...valves are always removed prior to hydro at the dive shop. Valves don't travel with the tank to the hydro guys.

The theme of this thread is concern of the burst disk. The disk is in the valve. The 5 year tank hydro period is a convenient time to replace the disk as the valve is removed by the owner, LDS or in many cases the hydro facility who couldn't care less about the disk.

CGA S1.1 is not incorporated by reference in Title 49 CFR section 171.7 it has no force of law, but would be at best and industry recommendation Federal Register :: Request Access
uhhh it says it is incorporated by reference....

1661865586220.png

Alright I see the requirement for PRD's but not a blanket replacement requirement. A CG1 type burst disc is not required for periodic replacement, i.e. such as SCUBA and most HP industrial gas cylinders. The requirement for leak test is required though at every filling. A CG7 type PRD does require periodic periodic replacement, e.g. Propane cyls such a forklift safeties S1.1 section 9

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom