• Never had Butterflies.

Votes: 13 10.6%
  • I have previously had butterflies.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • Never Had Butterflies.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Always get butterflies.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • Have had butterflies at new dive locations.

Votes: 38 30.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know I have "never had butterflies" twice it was late last night and I was dillirious.

At new sites, I sometimes get butterflies, or if I'm in a new situation. (Rough seas, an especially deep wreck, etc.) Most often, once I get all of my gear set up, I'm ready to get the hell off of the boat and into the water, because getting tossed around on a pitching deck, while wearing 50 lbs. of gear is no fun!

by the time I get to the dive I have used up all of my anexity.

Lets see - the first time I did a roll off a boat vs. a stride..
Which happened to be into a location that had a zippy 3-5kt current...
Which also happens to have large sharks that call this place home...
And knowing I had time enough for 30m bottom time tops since it was a working volunteer dive...

Yeah... I had a few butterflies. I geared up, we were ready for 2 hours before the 'go go go' was sounded for divers to hop in. I'd observed large shadows pass by... my buddy and I prechecked a dozen times.. geared down, waited.. yeah.

When we finally hit the bottom and got down to business, life was good. Our first dive, second day we missed the anchor line for ascent and due to gas constraints did a free ascent. A little bit of butterflies, an bit like what I imagine Sky Diving to be due to the swift current, and safety in the knowlege that we had a chase boat following our bubbles to bring us back in safe and sound.

To this day they are the best dives I've done yet. :)

I like having butterflies with basil on a thin cracker. :rofl3: (Sorry, it's my lunch break.)

The first dive of the day makes me a little anxious.

PaulSmithTek:
Shelli, Sorry it was so murky. We need to go back out when it is warmer and not 24 degrees air temp, and there isnt 75 people there.

Next weekend:huh: Maybe I like the butterflies:D It's the shakes that get me. Trying to stay on topic:D

shellim123:
Paul...you know my answer! We talked about this before our date on Saturday:D ! I always get butterflies and nervous too! BTW thanks for Saturday night! I had a GREAT time!:D

SHELLI!!!!!!

There are those that have had butterflies and sometime or another :11: and those that lie about not having them...:no
I find it hard to believe that at some point in ones diving career that they have not felt the least bit of apprehension about a dive..:confused:

I know I have and will have in the future...

yeah...so I voted never had em 2 times :)

I always get butterflies before diving, especially the first dive. Always fine once I'm in the water. Before my first night dive I was so keyed up I couldn't eat dinner. Was fantastic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom