Buy a C5050z Get PT-015 Free

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this sounds weird but Yuzo at UWDigital Camera in Japan has great prices and super fast service. He ships all over the world so I don't think Canada would be a problem. Just email him, he'e excellent with emails.

It sounds like factory reburb is a great way to buy equipment. Where are the best places to look for refurbs?

Enter Olympus camera refurbished in your search engine. The players change. By the way check Olympususa.com.

I got mine at beachcamera.com for $379. It's in pristine condition and includes all the accessories you'd normally get with a new camera.

Sage - thanks for the tip. Unfortunately for me I bought my C5050z and PT-015 last year. I think I paid $400-something for the camera and full price of $300 for the housing. Ebay is filthy with PT-015's for $139 - $150. Ouch!

I am currently in the market for a wide angle lens (probably the Inon UWL-100), and a tray/arm and stobe - I'm thinking the Inon D180 with a fisheye tray. My google searches didn't turn up anything refurbished for those. Can anybody point me to good places to purchase these either refurbished or at healthy discounts? I already know about UWdigitalcamera.com.

Oh, regarding Olympususa.com - it is OlympusAmerica.com - and they do have some refurb stuff on there - just nothing that I'm looking for right now.

mtnmn....check ----->HERE

I don't know what strobe arms you have decided on but alot of folks really like the ULCS arms and that tray already has the bases for it.

Personally, I like the Infinity arms which is the same as the flexible arm that comes on the new Fisheye trays. I already had a couple Infinity's so I just extended what the tray came with.

Dee - thanks for the pointer - it looks like that setup is quite a bit more than I'm looking for, both in terms of size and cost, as I estimated their cost @ $236, not including the ball bases. 2/3 of that is still more than a brand-new fisheye tray and infinity arm - about $110 from uwdigitalcamera.com.

Regarding strobe arms, I'm inclined to go with the infinity arm - it looks simpler to use than the ULCS, etc., and my guess as to parts for a ULCS setup looks like $200 or so for a base, clamp, and 2 arm sections. Where do you buy extensions for the infinity?

mtnmn:
Dee - thanks for the pointer - it looks like that setup is quite a bit more than I'm looking for, both in terms of size and cost, as I estimated their cost @ $236, not including the ball bases. 2/3 of that is still more than a brand-new fisheye tray and infinity arm - about $110 from uwdigitalcamera.com.

Regarding strobe arms, I'm inclined to go with the infinity arm - it looks simpler to use than the ULCS, etc., and my guess as to parts for a ULCS setup looks like $200 or so for a base, clamp, and 2 arm sections. Where do you buy extensions for the infinity?

Yeah, one of the major reasons I don't use the ULCS or other similar arms is the cost. Just isn't worth it, to me.

I already had a couple of Infinity arms from Light and Motion. Their website is impossible to find stuff in, sorry. I paid $69 for each 18" arm, the price was the same last year. You can also order the sections from Yuzo. I think Gilligan did that and it wasn't very expensive. You can also order the length you need from one of the industrial supply houses, it's all the same thing. The main thing you need is the fitting for you particulat camera on one end and the base on the other. Either way it's WAY cheaper than those other arms.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom