Buying 1st Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did some checking. A popular charter to the Flower Gardens is the M/V Fling. From their web site FAQ:

Also:

I know that 'follow the leader' guided group dives are common on some trips (particularly the Caribbean tourist-catering charter boat op.s). In that case, the scenario BuddaSummer lays out has been my experience with 2 tank cruise ship diving; you probably won't hit an NDL with 2 spaced out guided tourist dives, each with moderate-size groups all diving 80 cf tanks.

But if you dive an operation that lets you do your own thing, and stretch your bottom time if you can, it may be different.

Richard.
Still according to that if you go into deco and don't violate the deco stops there is no way for the dive guide to know that by examining your dive computer at the end of the dive.

After thinking about it for a few days. You are probably better off diving with a more conservative setting on a liveaboard. If you are diving in really remote locations, completing multiple dives everyday for 5 - 7 days(maybe longer) and hours from the nearest chamber it makes sense. I always make sure I have Dan Dive Insurance but they can only do a certain amount if you are in the middle of no where and you get DCS.

Still according to that if you go into deco and don't violate the deco stops there is no way for the dive guide to know that by examining your dive computer at the end of the dive.

Hi Richard,

I agree with Hatul, appears you would be fine if you cleared your deco oblication. I'd be surprised if they waited 10 minutes and asked to interrogate your log, where the deco would be documented

Suunto is good but I would look at Oceanic as well. High quality products and customer service is second to none, better than Suunto for sure.

Dove with both a Zoop and currently have a Vyper 2 and enjoyed them both. I prefer the interface and the few extra features of the Vyper 2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom