BZE for $298 from Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lthomas132

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My dive bud & I took advantage of the HOU to BZE for $298 with Southwest Airline in July, which have now gone back up to their ridiculous price of $600+. We have decided to stay on Caye Caulker at Seaside Cabanas at a very discounted rate, 30%. We have tentatively decide to dive with Frenchies, Frenchie's Diving - Belize Diving unless someone can recommend a better shop. Been to San Pedro many times but Caye Caulker is all new to me.

I guess that no one dives at Caye Caulker! Couldn't resist the cheap tickets and have been to AC many times. Guess we'll just wing it.

My dive bud & I took advantage of the HOU to BZE for $298 with Southwest Airline in July, which have now gone back up to their ridiculous price of $600+. We have decided to stay on Caye Caulker at Seaside Cabanas at a very discounted rate, 30%. We have tentatively decide to dive with Frenchies, Frenchie's Diving - Belize Diving unless someone can recommend a better shop. Been to San Pedro many times but Caye Caulker is all new to me.

Didn't see this. Me and my gf stayed on Caye Caulker this past February. We stayed at De Real Macaw motel. Small room but cheap and owner very friendly. We dived with Black Durgon Dives and would recommend them. They are a husband-wife team that loves to dive and are scratching out a living in the dive industry. Both are native Belizean but Sim lived in Austin TX for ten years.

We originally had planned to dive with Frenchies but got snooty attitudes and poor results trying to book something. In contrast, Sim and Cori made sure we dived. They booked us for the next morning on our word at about 8pm the night we arrived then a few days later took just the two of us out when no one else showed. They don't take their boat to Blue Hole but can book you with someone. We decided to do it on a whim and again, they were able to call someone at 9pm and get us on, and we paid the captain when they picked us up 6am next morning.

Didn't see this. Me and my gf stayed on Caye Caulker this past February. We stayed at De Real Macaw motel. Small room but cheap and owner very friendly. We dived with Black Durgon Dives and would recommend them. They are a husband-wife team that loves to dive and are scratching out a living in the dive industry. Both are native Belizean but Sim lived in Austin TX for ten years.

We originally had planned to dive with Frenchies but got snooty attitudes and poor results trying to book something. In contrast, Sim and Cori made sure we dived. They booked us for the next morning on our word at about 8pm the night we arrived then a few days later took just the two of us out when no one else showed. They don't take their boat to Blue Hole but can book you with someone. We decided to do it on a whim and again, they were able to call someone at 9pm and get us on, and we paid the captain when they picked us up 6am next morning.

Thanks, we'll look into Black Durgon!

We just returned from Caye Caulker. I had written Frenchie's before we left but as you said, they seemed like they don't care about much. Went by Black Durgon, Black Durgon Dives || ...for time under water!, after we arrived, met Simeon and Cori with whom we felt very comfortable with. They are great people and do the dives that the customer wants. Best dives were at Turneffe Atoll; what a beautiful wall! Simeon is a Dive Master with intentions on getting his certification soon as an instructor, so don't go looking for certification with them until he finishes.

Back
Top Bottom