C-5050 and lens information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mapb

Reaction score
I have noticed that some of the Olympus C-5050 users state that they use a Sea and Sea lens. I would like some information on the conversion tube that you are using. I own a S&S wide angle lens and would like to use it on my new setup (Oly C-5050 and PT 015) Thank you in advance for your help.

mapb:
I have noticed that some of the Olympus C-5050 users state that they use a Sea and Sea lens. I would like some information on the conversion tube that you are using. I own a S&S wide angle lens and would like to use it on my new setup (Oly C-5050 and PT 015) Thank you in advance for your help.

Is your S&S lens from a MMII set-up? If so, you'll need an adapter to use it on a digital housing. My S&S WA lens is made for use with digitals and screws directly to the housing. the adapter is getting hard to find.

Dee:
Is your S&S lens from a MMII set-up? If so, you'll need an adapter to use it on a digital housing. My S&S WA lens is made for use with digitals and screws directly to the housing. the adapter is getting hard to find.

My wide angle lens is a 20mm S&S. I currently use it on the S&S DX 3000 digital camera. It screws right in. I believe it also fits the MX10. I hope this helps.

Dee:
I asked Yuzo about the MMII W/A lens for use with the PT-015 - he said that you couldn't do it. I don't know about the MM10 lenses - but I'm sure he does if you drop him an email.

Yuzo's email:
Hi Kim
sorry to late the reply.
I think you say about the Sea&Sea lens adapter ring for PT-010.
It works with MM-II macro lenses, but not work with wide lenses.

KimLeece:
I asked Yuzo about the MMII W/A lens for use with the PT-015 - he said that you couldn't do it. I don't know about the MM10 lenses - but I'm sure he does if you drop him an email.

Yuzo's email:
Hi Kim
sorry to late the reply.
I think you say about the Sea&Sea lens adapter ring for PT-010.
It works with MM-II macro lenses, but not work with wide lenses.

Thanks for the reply. Could you please let me know how to get in touch with Yuzo. I also have a questions about a light.

His SB name is Yuzo, so you can PM him.

I was also told by Yuzo and others that the 16mm MM II WAL would not work with the adapter due to extreme vignetting. However the pics in this thread look pretty decent. So now I wonder if I spend $200 on a digital WAL for no reason.

ScubaRon:
His SB name is Yuzo, so you can PM him.

I was also told by Yuzo and others that the 16mm MM II WAL would not work with the adapter due to extreme vignetting. However I saw pics on this board a few days ago that looked pretty decent. So now I wonder if I spend $200 on a digital WAL for no reason.
Sea & Sea also make a WAL that IS for the Oly cases - are you maybe confusing them? I thought that Dee has one so I'm sure she'll turn up soon and clarify this!!

No that's the digital WAL which I purchased, because I thought the 16mm + converter would not work. But take a look at the pics by Xjae in this thread: I don't see any vignetting.

They're not very sharp, but that is probably the poor visibility or a wrong focus.

ScubaRon:
No that's the digital WAL which I purchased, because I thought the 16mm + converter would not work. But take a look at the pics by Xjae in this thread: I don't see any vignetting.

They're not very sharp, but that is probably the poor visibility or a wrong focus.
That's because it's used with a Sony P-10. MMII WAL will work with the P-xx cameras.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom