C-5050 and lens information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRon:
No that's the digital WAL which I purchased, because I thought the 16mm + converter would not work. But take a look at the pics by Xjae in this thread: I don't see any vignetting.

They're not very sharp, but that is probably the poor visibility or a wrong focus.
He's using a Sony p-10 camera though - different housing. The adapter will fit the PT-010 (I think that's the housing for the C-4040 and a few others) but not the PT-015 (C-5050 housing)

KimLeece:
He's using a Sony p-10 camera though - different housing. The adapter will fit the PT-010 (I think that's the housing for the C-4040 and a few others) but not the PT-015 (C-5050 housing)

Why not? The PT-10 and PT-15 housings have the same 67mm lens barrel size. I have both and use the same S&S WA lens.

Dee:
Why not? The PT-10 and PT-15 housings have the same 67mm lens barrel size. I have both and use the same S&S WA lens.
I don't know myself - I don't have the PT-010 - however that was what Yuzo told me when I asked him (see his email in an earlier post), so I presumed there was a difference. If the thread barrel is the same size then maybe the adapter would fit the pt-015 (in which case my MM II WAL would also fit) but he definitely said it doesn't!

Hmmm....he should know. But I know everything I have for the PT-10 fits on the PT-15.

Dee:
Hmmm....he should know. But I know everything I have for the PT-10 fits on the PT-15.
The Sea and Sea WAL that Yuzo says won't work with the Olympus PT-010 and PT-015 housings are the S&S Motormarine II (MMII) bayonet type lenses (16mm and 20mm, part #03031 and #03020), due to heavy vignetting. They can however be used with some Sony, Canon and Minolta housings with a bayonet adaptor. See this page (scroll to the middle section): http://www.seaandsea.jp/products/accessory/acce/digital.html

The lens that Dee uses is the screw-on type (#58070) and will fit both the Olympus PT-010 and PT-015. See the same link but scroll all the way to the bottom: http://www.seaandsea.jp/products/accessory/acce/digital.html.

Thanks ReyeR....I knew there was a reasonable explanation!

I bought an sea and sea wide angle lens ref 58070 to use with the 5050 and olympus pt-015. But I got blurred pictures, do you have any explanation or suugestion?

Thank you

bernard

Dee, whats the wide angle lens gonna cost me (besides a week or two in the doghouse)? Might as well get it now. Thanks, Greg

gt2003:
Dee, whats the wide angle lens gonna cost me (besides a week or two in the doghouse)? Might as well get it now. Thanks, Greg

Depends on where you buy it. Yuzo at UW Digital Camera in Japan sells it for $235. If you need a currency converter, I use this one.

Ryan at UW Camera Pros has it listed at $320. I would buy from either one, they are both very helpful and willing to answer questions. Keep in mind if for some reason it needs to be returned, you'll have to send it back to Japan if you get it from Yuzo. I haven't heard of any problems with lenses but it's something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom