c5060 pictures?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guru

Reaction score
Hallo all you Olympus folks!
There is a lot of talk about 5050 vs. 5060.
I think the only way to evaluate, is to see the pics.!
But i can´t find that many photo´s taken by 5060. Do you know some good galleries?

I haven't seen too many photos from the 5060, maybe your thread will bring them out!

Ok, here are my very first 5060 pics. I just tried out my camera for the first time on Sunday. For all those living in tropical paradise, don't laugh too hard :) The water here is 50F and everything is brown!!

I was finding some problems with focus. I realized later that I forgot to put the 5060 into "housing mode" (under "accessories" menu - the fish icon). Maybe this was part of the problem (plus my mask was filling up with water due to a too-small opening on my new hood). Anybody know how "fish-mode" affects the internal algorithms used by the camera?

Accessories menu? Housing mode? Fish mode? Man...that camera is more different than I thought!

Dee:
Accessories menu? Housing mode? Fish mode? Man...that camera is more different than I thought!

Here is the man page on this housing mode. Not sure what it does, but I forgot to set it when I took my pics.

Nothing like my C-5050! Looks like they've addressed some things dealing with using the camera underwater.

Guru:
Hallo all you Olympus folks!
There is a lot of talk about 5050 vs. 5060.
I think the only way to evaluate, is to see the pics.!
But i can´t find that many photo´s taken by 5060. Do you know some good galleries?

If you check my gallery you will see some of the pics I have taken with the 5060.
Most have been taken with an external strobe some with the built in flash.
Very pleased with it so far used to use a Nik V so used to good quality results.
Never used the the housing mode I thought it was for a wide angle lens compensation, could be wrong but the photos seem ok to me.
Sculpin.

Sculpin:
Never used the the housing mode I thought it was for a wide angle lens compensation

I bet you are right, this makes sense now that I think about it. When you attach the wide angle lens to the camera (or the housing) it will cause mechanical vignetting. Maybe this mode automatically applies a border or other method to remove or reduce it.

Nice pics in your album!

I took my scuba board gallery photos with the 5060 and while I've only used it a few times so far I'm very pleased with it both above and below water.

I talked with 5050 owners on my last trip and they liked what the 5060 could do too so it'll be no worse than a 5050 and possibly better.....but that really depends on who's talking the pictures :D

Ok so I am way too lazy to edit these. And I still have yet to go through all of them but I grabbed 2 real fast.

I did not have my flash on when I saw the shark. I was too busy wondering where his buddy went.

Jared

Oly 5060
Ike Housing
Ike DS 125 strobe

Back
Top Bottom