C7 Incomplete (Walking Quad)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hodge Podge

Contributor
Reaction score
I am a Master Diver, rebreather, and deco diver with many many dives under my belt. I am now a Tetraplegic (Walking Quad) and am looking for dive resorts in the Pacific Asia where I can go.

Limited walking on land but can still dive as long as currents are not strong. My dive computer said my surface interval is 673 days and I need to get back into the water. Any help would be welcome.

Can you dive from a liveaboard? With a careful selection of dive sites so that you don't have to dive against currents, this would allow you to dive with minimal walking required. As long as you don't need a wheelchair, Thailand has easy diving and lots of liveaboards, but our diving/boats are not easily accessible to wheelchair-bound divers.

During our dive trip in Bali, we saw disable diver or with wheelchair in Padang bai and Tulamben/seraya. The dive center will have people to help when access is not possible or if required - just make sure you go not on the peak season.
There's several easy dive sites in Bali with no or mild current.

@Wisnu During our dive trip in Bali, we saw disable diver or with wheelchair in Padang bai

what dive centre did you see him diving with

We have good experience with disabled divers and wheelchair divers. Our whole resort is wheelchair accessible and our boats are spacious and it's easy to move around on the boat. Our staff is always ready to help you. Usually disabled guest will get a staff member who dedicated to this guest from morning to evening. I, as the resorts instructor, have quite some experience in diving with disabled people. We dive Bunaken and the whole North-Sulawesi coast line and everywhere there are dive sites suitable for disabled divers. Check us out, Minahasa Lagoon - Dive & Tours club.

@Wisnu i had that feeling fuuny enough.There is a Australian guy,disable diver who dives with them seen him a couple of time,maybe him and a wonderful guy with is desire to dive with his difficulties and made time to spend with him you just would not think he is disabled talking to him and was wonderful for me to see this guy still being able to dive regardless of his problem especially when we live in a world where so many people complain about nothing and nothing is really too unpossible if you really want and desire something.

You can give BIDP a try in Bali (google them). They are IAHD and tec diving facility.

Hope this helps, Simon.

another vote for BIDP, ask for Avandy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom