Cabo or Corridor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beth_castroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello-

I am planning a very quick get away to Cabo san Lucas. We dove there once with pretty bad visibility but its a short 3 hour hop, we have a few points and need to get wet.
We are Padi AOW.
We were wondering where the diving was better. Down by the Arch and Land's End or up on the Corridor?

Who is the prefered dive op?
We'd prefer small boats, walking distance to a hotel, bar and restaurants. No all-inclusives.

Thanks!

Definitely on the Corridor, it's a madhouse of divers, snorklers, swimmers, etc., at the Arch and Lands End. Boats everywhere!

We like Manta Scuba. Have dived with them twice so far, and will be going back in July.

Thanks for the reply Laurie.
Do you stay in Downtown Cabo or in Cabo Del San Jose?

We like Manta Scuba. Have dived with them twice so far, and will be going back in July.

Definitely on the Corridor, it's a madhouse of divers, snorklers, swimmers, etc., at the Arch and Lands End. Boats everywhere!

My husband and I are considering Cabo the end of July early August-thoughts on water temps and visibility during this time?

Cabo San Lucas area is meh. You need to go to Cabo Pulmo: Home - CPDEV

Check these out:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks! Yes, the best time is in the fall (October- December). Water is warm ~82-84F, visibility ~40-100'

Sadly not the time frame I can get there. And it looks like the place you recommended is booked

I dove in GBR, Galapagos, Indonesia, Caribbean and never saw so much fish until I went to Cabo Pulmo. I've been there 3 times since 2011.

Have you seen underwater jackfish tornado?

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom