Calling All Zeagle Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Stiletto and I love it! For travelling or home diving...I found that the Stiletto was the best choice. Perfect fit! I have large shoulders and I'm 5'7 so I chose a large Stiletto with medium shoulders and that a + over other BC's !

My wife and I both have rangers.
The quality of construction is awesome.
The fit and adjustability is a big plus. I can change the tops and use either BC (Was really handy when we only had one and rented another one).
Also like the Octo+ loosing 1 LP hose. Never lost a weight or had entraped air.

LDS is a Zeagle dealer so if I need something they either have it or can get it.

I have a Zeagle Zena and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! It is the most comfortable BC I've owned, and I love the feeling of being free in it. Like all Zeagles it is modular in design and if I change sizes, I can simply order new pieces to customize the fit. I can also change out the bladder, depending on whether I'm doing warm or cold diving. Since it doesn't have a hard pack on the back and has 2 tank bands instead, it folds down to a small size for travel, and is very light.

I also have Zeagle regs, so you could say I'm a huge fan of Zeagle!!

diver_sam_851027:
Cons:
The only problem I notice with zeagle that my LDS has told me is a known problem is that it periodically does not like to deflate. I haven't had this problem with my new BC but the older rental ones periodically stuck and to get them to deflate, I'd have to pump a couple shots on the inflator and then I could deflate as much as needed. Nothing critical, just a PITA/annoyance more than anything. Although not something I would want to have to deal with in open water, in the pool it was fine but in the lake would be another story.

This was happening because the shop was not maintaining them properly. The dump valves will get stuck periodically if the bladders are not rinsed. Once a month or so, they should also be unscrewed and sprayed with food grade silicone. This "sticking" is absolutely a maintainence issue, not a Zeagle issue.

Mike Rushton

Zeagles are one of the best built, most reliable back inflate BC's made. PERIOD. Great construction and design, very tough and durable, you can modify them in many, many ways to do just what you want, and most importantly...LIFETIME WARRANTY to the orriginal owner.

I have a Ranger with over 2000 dives on it and have NEVER had a problem. I own one of the first Rangers with a colored wing and did replace it recently due to fading, NOT stitching or wear and tear. I have never had issues with air trapping or riding up on my torso. I utilize the outside pockets a lot, and find them easy to use and locate...perhaps it's just from using them so damn much. The older Rangers (like mine) did not come with trim pouches for weight on the rear, and I dive a steel 95 anyway, so bouancy isn't an issue for me.

Zeagle's customer servie is top notch and I wish every business was like them. You get a LIVE person on the phone when you call, even the receptionist knows everything about thier products, and turn around for most issues is less than a week. (Mayble because I live 30 mintues from the factory). They are always very helpful and overall just really nice people.

Allright, I am done grandstanding.

Mike Rushton
PADI DM 174448

Own a Brigade and I can't say anymore than what has already been said. Most of the complaints that I am seeing are just something that comes with the territory and isn't just Zeagle.

Cons: If I had to complain about something it would be the fact that the D-rings on the shoulders are a bit too high for my taste. Since the Brigade is the Ranger harness and the Ranger is designed for more tech dives I would assume that they are that high for a purpose. They are usable just seem high to me.
I do agree that the pockets are in an odd spot. But with some getting use to they work.

Pros: TOP NOTCH customer service. I busted the pocket zipper a few months back and it was repaired free of charge. No questions, just a return number and a thank you.
The rip cord is my favorite feature. Can you say, no velcro?
For most of use the adjustments and modulor feature aren't that important but I took that into consideration when I bought.

I have the Zeagle BP/W, with a Ranger LTD bladder.

Cons: Had a faulty inflator casting. No easy way to attach the inflator hose to the straps. A bit complicated to get into.

Pro: What an amazing organization when it came to correcting a problem. One of the most durable, solidly constructed pieces of equipment I have ever seen. The most comfortable buoyancy system I have ever worn, and I have worn a lot.

From a durability and customer service point of view, they are so far ahead of every other company, that second place is rather meaningless. They get my vote.

DiverJP:
I have not personally experienced the air trapping or failure to deflate that some people complain of. As to the deficiencies that I mentioned, keep in mind that my Ranger is an eight year old design, and as I watch the evolution & modification of the Ranger, it just keeps getting better...

JP

I've figured it out in my Zeagle - the way they put the strap that holds the BC inflator and the LP hose is too low - making a bend when you try to vent air - just remove it and move it to the upper end of the shoulder strap - this way the hose doesn't bend too much - also if you hold for a second and make yourself vertical - it will vent freely.

I know YOU didn't experience it - but this post is for other people who did.

I agree with everything that has been said above. Zeagle BCs are absolutely outstanding in terms of comfort, construction, durability, and service. The dump valve issue, as mentioned above, can be eliminated with regular rinsing of the BC after diving -- as we should all be doing anyway.

I love their whole line. I finally wore out my last Zeagle ranger after about 600 dives and got a new Zeagle Tech BC. My wife uses the Zeagle Ranger, my daughter the Zena and my son the Escape. We are truly a Zeagle family!

Also, the Ranger and Tech lines have grommets so I can use the same BC for recreational diving, technical diving with doubles, and even with my Sport Kiss closed circuit rebreather.

Another :thumb: to Zeagle here. I used a Seaquest Balance in my OW class and, while it was a good bc, there was just something about it that made me look elsewhere. The instructors all had Rangers and that was the BC I chose. I particularly like the weight system and having small pockets for "stuff" on each side.

Back
Top Bottom