Camera to use for USAT Liberty Wreck Cannon PowerShot F125 vs goPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imkeshav

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Guys,

The only underwater camera I have ever seen in action is a goPro and without a redfilter it does not get good videos. I will be diving in Tulamben and Bali the next week, so hoping to capture some great memories.

Now the dive center is also offering a Cannon PowerShot F125 for $30 which is not very expensive, but this is without a red filter. How does this compare to a goPro Hero3 ($200) +redFilter (if I can find it)? If both are similar, renting would be OK.

Bottom line is this is big trip for me and I want to capture lots of stuff underwater including Mantas etc (Oh BTW for the sites which can have current I will just give the came to DM if he is willing to take some pics/Videos)

Looking forward to some inputs

Never heard canon powershot F125. What I know, some DC in Indonesia offer Canon S90 (or later model) or G10 (or later model) which is good camera; you can shoot RAW or manual WB for natural light. The built-in flash work well on macro with some limitation.
What you want ? video or still
For video, certainly gopro 3 + red filter is much easier to use - but not very good for still, specialy for macro

There is usually a lot of light on the Liberty, but its depth on the sand means little red light.

VERY good chance, someone with a (better) camera setup &/or (much) more experience will be along for the dives.......If I were you, I'd get to know them & give 'em your info ie email--social crap & the likes........That way 'their great memories' may become 'your great memories'.....But, if you must take 'em yourself, get the video going with a GoPro(with a filter).........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom