Camp Dive Weekend of Fun April 29,30 and May 1 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Summers, owner of Terrapin Wetsuits out of New Braunfels, has agreed to attend the camp out either Saturday or Sunday. If you have ever wanted a custom wetsuit or to have your current wetsuit altered or modified (I had her install a front zipper on my Henderson) she will be there to answer questions, do fittings and collect suits. You can see her work at Wetsuit Repair | Wetsuits Women | Men | Kids | Wet Suits . Be sure to take a look at her mini hoods. If you order one before April 15th she will be able to bring it to you at the event - contact her for details at TerrapinWetsuits@aol.com.

Is there interest in the swamp to have Chris join us for Saturday?

I had her put front pockets on a 1 mil old Oniell wetsuit and sure enough it got stolen on one of my classes at Aquarena last year.

Superb work by Chris on the whole way I wanted it done for a very reasonable price.

:D

Is there interest in the swamp to have Chris join us for Saturday?

I had her put front pockets on a 1 mil old Oniell wetsuit and sure enough it got stolen on one of my classes at Aquarena last year.

Superb work by Chris on the whole way I wanted it done for a very reasonable price.

:D
+1 for Chris joining the weekend's fun :cool3:

Usually, we all gather around the picnic table, donate like $20 a piece and go shopping based on everyone's likes. Jennifer did a great job of getting us food last year.

Bring your OWN drink of course.

What seems to go over well are Fajitas, morning breakfast tacos, or burritos, lots of snacks, cold cuts, stuff like that.

The propane wok is awesome to cook on too.

so want to say Fajitas for Friday night divers?
Taco Cabana tortillas will be on the menu ... I'll bring several dozen and maybe a desert too.

Has anyone heard from Jennifer to find out if we can get the Texas Swamp Divers flag to fly between the trees this year at the gathering? :rofl3:

I heard she went to Florida tech diving, deep diving and I have not heard anything sense, of course she may have been on that vodoo gas too (tri). :D

Anyone have any info? :rofl3:

Yes, that's the right link.

From Commanche Trail turn onto Bob Wentz Park Rd. Then immediately, before the blue building, turn right into this private park.

If you were to go straight on Bob Wentz Park Rd you'd come to the entrance of the Bob Wentz at Windy Point which is a county park.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone with a month out lets take a roll of call of possible folks that will be arriving to meet up and have a good time.

I am using TSD names only - if you like change the roll call and add your real name ect............update any info and add your day and food choices to the right of the column please do.

I plan on being at the campgrounds around 10AM Friday morning to grab up the picnic tables and trees that the group wants this year.

If I miss anyone please add to this roll your name - If you can't make it no problem just update the roll call list below;

So here goes the Texas Swamp Divers kick off to diving 2011 at Lake Travis and the winner is:

Scubashawn123
Austinspace
Timeliner
In10se
driftwood
n733lk
Hemlon
Cuda66
TexasTorpedo
OldSchool
ChrisPete
Rakpix
Cavemn
TxIceDiver
Culcuhain
Subzero
FranCousteau
Zinc
PaulW
ftwdiver14
bluetonic
texdiveguy

Looks like a wonderful crowd and group of divers showing up in just 4 weeks. Let the countdown begin.

I'm here. I'm here. I have the Swamp Diver flag and will be there with bells on and my new tent!
The Underwater Designer and her compadre will be camping cheerfully.

Don't count me out, just yet. I'm working on being able to make it! Will let you know soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom