Can anyone help with a comparrison on computers!? Oceanic Atom 2 vs. VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yogi6407

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been looking at computers for a while now and am just as confused as I was in the beggining. I currently have a Veo 18nx. I have been looking at the Atom and VT series of computers and would like to know if anyone has any input on which is better and why. I know that these are both older models, but can't afford to buy the newer ones yet and would really like to get rid of a hose with the wireless integration. Any input you would have would be great.

Thank you for the info! Greatly appreciated. Looks like they both have the same options, just looks like the size is the biggest difference.

Hi,
you can use the Dive Computers Research Tool to compare them side-by-side.

Both are available in eDiving so you can take them for a virtual dive.

The VT3 comes with a free online class (if you register it with Oceanic) and 30 days in divePAL sim.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

They only real different between the two is the size. The Atom is a watch style made for every day use and the VT is a bit larger made just for diving. I have one VT3 left for $599.99 brand new if you would like a newer model.

eDiver, thank you. That was helpful. I have been reading on both of these and thnk I like the Atom better although i am a little worried by the reviews it has gotten. I am going to take my time and see what other info I can find. Thanks again!

Shftrdog, thank you but that seems high from the research that I have done and I think I am going to go with the Atom. Might end up waiting until next spring to see if I may be able to go up to the Atom 3. But thank you again for the offer.

Back
Top Bottom