Can anyone recommend a good pair of fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tadzio

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
hi there,

i am in the market for a new pair of fins. i have allways used old fashioned rocket fins and these have worked fine for me, so im used to stiff, heavy fins. but i want to upgrade to more modern fin designs and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. i usually frog kick so the fins would have to work best using this technique. i was looking at biofins and force fins but unfortunately they are not available in my area. i would love to hear suggestions.

thanks

Tadzio, I would suggest my Excellator in Standard cast Poly-urethane. I made this fin for Captain Billy Deans frog kicking needs many years ago. My good friend John Chatterton uses them also and if you purchase at Force Fin we all donating a portion of the sales to John's favorite charity SUDS. Information will be up on our site later this week. You will hear my fins are expensive but I was talking with my plant owner and our heat treating of plus or minus a half degree at 240 for 16 hours cost a lot. But the spring this fin has makes the price worth it.

Another vote for Jet fins. They do everything you want, and are inexpensive and almost indestructible, to boot.

Nothing beats Jet Fins.

lots of things beat Jets, only one fin that I know of beats Jets in a Frog Kick though, As Bob already said, The ForceFin Excellertor is that fin, AND it can flutter kick, skull, helicopter, back kick better as well. But all that comes at a price, but it was well worth my money.

Atomic splits are nice...called smoke on the water, firm enough to allow a frog kick, and very smooth...might want to try Hogs, as they are similar to turtles but give me (don't know about yourself) nice control for less money.

lots of things beat Jets, only one fin that I know of beats Jets in a Frog Kick though, As Bob already said, The ForceFin Excellertor is that fin, AND it can flutter kick, skull, helicopter, back kick better as well. But all that comes at a price, but it was well worth my money.

Tadzio, you shouldn't thank this guy, you should slap him....do you know what these fins cost? For that price ($780.00) the need to give me a .....

Excellerating Force Fin Tan Delta - The Snappiest: Force Fin

ShakaZulu, the standard cost on the excellerating Force is $395.00. To most of Scubaboard members that is too much money. It's a lot of money to me also, but performance materials cost. The $780 cost is the Excellerating Force fin made out of our Tan Delta material. Every one can go on and on about price, but take your strap off your fins and go for a dive. If they stay on great if they drop off then maybe your doing all the work for your fins. If you would like a fin that works for you then you will have to pay the price for performance materials. I look forward to the day I can hang out on some beach and dive each day.

ShakaZulu -- life is about choices!
you drive a small cc car does not meant tadzio must.
cost may not be a factor to tadzio.
Tadzio is looking at biofins and force fins .
Dont be rude. If you use a Jetfin and I say : I slap you for using a pair of heavy weighted fin.
do you like that??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom