Can anyone recommend the heaviest back plate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fred T Heavy is best IMHO... 'bout 8 pounds negative I believe - enough that I need no additional weight with my LP85's with a dry suit.
Rick

I was able to mount the dss weight plates to my oms plate np... The holes on the side of the plate lined up perfectly-- got a washer so the head of the bolt didnt go through the holes on the bp---- tightened them down with a little bit of removable locktight(not sure if needed but whateva) and bam-- bobs your uncle.. So the dss plates might work just fine on your diverite bp... If you wanted even more security-- you could get longer bolts(then the ones that come with the weight plates)--screw the new screws through the weight plates and use a endcap nut on the other side.. Or you can use bookscrews with a endcap nut... Lots of ways to go.. Get your Macgyver on.. :D

getting popcorn-- cause i know Tobin is going to lose his mind after reading that-- lol... Someone pass me a soda-- thanks..

Another way to go is to use 2 stainless weight plates.. They match up perfectly and that is 12 lbs right there... You can also use a P-weight... Which is a lead bar that fits inside the bp channel... They seem to run 6-9lbs.. Or you can use a xs "v" weight pouch-- it can hold up to 8lbs of lead... http://www.amazon.com/XS-Scuba-Weight-Pouch-WB550/dp/B001P4DQHY .. So you can see lots of ways to go..

For me-- i have a halcyon infinity plate- 6lbs--- with a sta+weight adaptor 8lbs--- and will add either a xs v weight or a p weight--- 8lbs and then 6lbs in side pockets as ditchable(though im looking into a neutrally boyant rig at some point-- so might lose those too).. This system here(or something like it) will have you running very streamlined-- no big weight pockets on the side and weight close to your back for good balance..

Just verified that Fred T heavy backplates are still available. You can reach Fred Tagge directly on Facebook... (Fred Tagge in Pas Christian, Mississippi)
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom