Can someone recommend a place to do Advance OW in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

translation: Arturo @ BlueXTsea.

Divemaster/Instructor Arturo Hernandez-Cortez with BlueXTSea Diving is EXCELLENT. He certified our son and now daughter-in-law for their BOW as well as AOW for Michael and I. He is patient, professional and very experienced and always shares his knowledge of diving with us. He definitely represents the first rate and outstanding standard of BlueXTSea Diving Gracias Arturo. Sue and Mike

Did you do any dives with them other than for certification? I read some reviews that mentioned they don't dive computer profiles and won't go deeper than 80 feet no matter what (which ultimately results in short and repetitive shallow dives) - was that true for you? Anymore experience with Aqua Safari? Thanks all!

Who wrote review?

Whenever diving with Aqua Safari, I dive multi level profile, dive deeper than 80ft ,stay bottom as far as diving computer goes. I am not trained AOW in Cozumel but take DM and AI course by Ricardo, Aqua Safari.

Last edited:
Different strokes for different folks...

My buddy and I made a special request this year to dive all week with Edgar after the great time we had with him last year.

I wonder what issues came up and would be interested in reading the review...

Sometimes people just don't get along.

Check forums on Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor - there are multiple threads on issues that came up with Aldora (just do a search 'Aldora divers')

Last edited:
Check forums on Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor - there are multiple threats about issues that came up with Aldora (just do a search 'Aldora divers')

First, let me say that I have never been a customer of Aldora and I have no plans to become one. It's not that I have anything against them; I have another preferred dive op with whom I am completely satisfied.

That said, I'll just point out that folks sometimes use TripAdvisor to vent their spleens when they have a disagreement that may or may not have been the fault of the business in question. Negative reviews often outnumber positive ones simply because someone with an axe to grind can be more motivated to post something than someone who had no problems. Aldora definitely has its fans; they are usually very enthusiastic, and everyone whom I know who has dived with them has reported positive experiences.

Andrethediver - I checked the tripadvisor site as you suggested. There was only a handful of reviews in my search (about a dozen). Looked like 2 or 3 crabby reports. But they would not be the norm for this board. Pls do a search here. BTW, I have never dived with Aldora but regularly dive with someone who worked for them many years ago and he's the bomb. If it's steel tanks you are looking for then may I suggest Living Underwater. If you really have no idea what you want, you've been given a number of good suggetions. Whatever you do, I think you'll love Coz.

Last edited:
Andrethediver - I checked the tripadvisor site as you suggested. There was only a handful of reviews inmy search (about a dozen). Looked like 2 or 3 crabby reports. But they would not be the norm forthis board. Pls do asearch here. BTW, I have never dived with Aldora but regularly dive with someone who worked for them many years ago and he's the bomb. If it's stel tanks you are looking for then may I suggest Living Underwater. If you really have no idea what you want, you've been given a number ofgood suggetins. Whatever you do, I think you'll love Coz.
That sounds about right...Thanks.

Thank you all for your input. After careful consideration I decided to go with BlueXTSea.

Good choice. You won't go wrong with Christi and her crew.

Back
Top Bottom