Question Can the purge button on a G260 be locked?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1649246326519.png

sorry for the hijack, back to the g260.....
Sherwood SR series also have a floating seal, it seems to be very effective.
after the D420 my favorite SP second is the G260, seat saver is one of the reasons I like it.

Interesting… on the older Scubapro models it is the Venturi switch that is labelled dive/pre-dive. On the D series it looks similar to what a cracking pressure adjustment dial would do? Is that right?

Interesting… on the older Scubapro models it is the Venturi switch that is labelled dive/pre-dive. On the D series it looks similar to what a cracking pressure adjustment dial would do? Is that right?
inline Regs with a pre dive could be thought of as a Venturi disrupter, the original D series used a wire arm to hold the lever (also pilot and Air 1) the new D 420 turns the asperator and increases spring pressure slightly.

Could not you just press teh purge in and wedge a match under the edge on other models of regs without the lock feature, I assume

OMMOHY

It has to be a little difficult to engage or else you might accidentally engage it while diving. This would result in a pretty dramatic free flow.

For me, my personal opinion, nothing more, is that I would rather use 2nd stages where there is no possibility at all of the purge button locking in place. My seats last for years anyways, because I store them with the adjustment knob all the way out and I set them very lightly. Also, if I rebuild a 2nd stage and then know that I'm going to store it for a long time, it's very easy for me to simply give the orifice a 1/4 quarter turn counter clockwise. I just have to remember to set it back before using it.
I agree, this sort of thing makes me nervous.

Another solution could be for the manufacturer to extend the threads in the adjuster knob, so that screwed out all the way it completely relieves the spring pressure of the poppet on the seat. That would act as a seat saver, and the only disadvantage that comes to mind is that one might not be able to quickly check visually that the reg is open when soaking it, or when turning on tank pressure. I think Kirby Morgan regs have this wide range of adjustment?

The true criminal act in all this isn't the absence of the feature, but the absolute highway robbery of the price of a service kit.

Swapping a seat should not cost you one of your children...
how much is a service kit? ive heard it can be quite a bit!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom