Can you identify the vintage of this Scubapro MK10 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beachnik

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The body is marked with - 19295121 - I assume that's a serial number which probably reveals something about the date of manufacture.

I bought this over a year ago on ebay. The seller described it as 'perfect'. I was blown away when I received it - there really isn't a mark on it. It looks like it has just come out of the original retail carton (nope, I don't have the retail carton).

I've always assumed this model went out of production years ago.

If you need a larger image, click the thumbnails below.

Thanks,

I'm not sure what you're asking, but it appears to be a late model MK10; it has the groove for the SPEC boot. It's not the original dust cap, I think. If it looks as nice inside, especially exactly where it counts, on the piston knife edge, you have a really nice reg.

Someone else will probably be able to tell you the approximate year, I'd be kind of curious myself.

I'm not sure what you're asking, but it appears to be a late model MK10; it has the groove for the SPEC boot. It's not the original dust cap, I think. If it looks as nice inside, especially exactly where it counts, on the piston knife edge, you have a really nice reg.

Someone else will probably be able to tell you the approximate year, I'd be kind of curious myself.

Thanks mattboy. I guess I wasn't clear in my question. I'm curious to know when this thing was made. I'm guessing there might be a date code in the serial number. It might be the 121st piece on Feb 19 1995. If the serial number doesn't reveal anything, maybe someone knows when production was stopped on the MK10.

This thing is so nice, I haven't been able to bring myself to diving with it (I'm diving with my MK10+ ). It looks like an uncirculated coin. If it turns out that this thing is 14 years old, I guess I'll just have to put it on display.

The Mk 10's with the groove for the SPEC boot came toward the end of MK 10 production - maybe 1989 or so. I think the Mk 10 went out of production around 1990 although the left over stock was cataloged along with the Mk 10 Plus and Mk 15 for a few more years.

Incidentally, if your Mk 10 has a pebbly finished seat retainer (the round cap on the end of the reg opposite the swivel turret) it is either a MK 10 Plus or has been upgraded to Mk 10 Plus status.

I agree the dust cap is not original - it is more recent. The plastic knob may or may not be original as they switched from the flat yoke screw to the plastic yoke knob with sticker during this same time frame and upgrading older ones was very popular.

@DA Aquamaster - thanks for the info.

I've got both MK10+ and this MK10. My MK10 does not have the pebble finished seat retainer - it's the smooth finish retainer.

My MK10+ looks identical to my MK10 with the exceptions of the:
  • retainer cap
  • dust cap
  • plastic knob
  • serial number (my MK10+ has no serial number on it)

Like I've said, this MK10 pretty clearly has not been used. Which makes you wonder why it would have a non-original dust cap. I guess someone could have built this out of parts that had been accumulated in a repair shop.

Interesting.

I've never seen a Mk10 with a serial number. Is the presence of a S/N significant?

Interesting - to me, at least - I went over to the 'scubapro museum' and saw that the dust cap on my MK 10 pictured in this thread is the same as those on a number of MK10's in the 'scubapro museum'. Maybe this 'is' an all original never used MK10 circa 1995.

First Stage

Anyway, for anyone interested in Scubapro regulators the museum has lots of interesting info - check it out:
HomeMUSEU

I worked in a dive centre that sold scubapro in 1994-1997. That is the mark 10 of that era , I would say 94-95. One of Scubapros best first stages IMHO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom