Can you identify the vintage of this Scubapro MK10 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apparently, some of these things were made with serial numbers and the serial number is a manufacturing date code. The folks at the Scubapro museum did some checking around and then advised me:

"Your regulator was produced on the 192nd day of 1995 and it was the 121 regulator in that particular production run."

In another message, they told me that this unit was manufactured after production was moved to Italy. I'd guess that the serial number thing was started after production was moved to Italy.

So, if any of you have a serial number on a Scubapro 1st stage, this might help you make some sense of it.

That does make sense as I am almost certain the Mk 10 was out of production by then - at least in the US catalog - and I have never seen one with a serial number.

I'm not sure what you're asking, but it appears to be a late model MK10; it has the groove for the SPEC boot. It's not the original dust cap, I think. If it looks as nice inside, especially exactly where it counts, on the piston knife edge, you have a really nice reg.

Someone else will probably be able to tell you the approximate year, I'd be kind of curious myself.

Yep, my Mk 10 does not even say Mk 10 on it.......from ~ '88 or so mine is....

Any idea how to interpret 109 serial numbers?

Don't know. If you have questions, you might wander over to the site which I linked in the post above. They (Kenny Wheeler) simply told me what my serial number meant. Actually, he had to send an email off to someone else who explained it to him.

I can see how this would baffle some people. Scubapro was apparently a little inconsistent. They apparently didn't serialize a lot of 1st stages in the early years, they serialized my MK10 and then they didn't serialize my MK10+ which was made after the MK10.

Here's a photo of my MK10 (in the foreground) and my newer MK10+ in the background. The newer regulator has no serial number.

There's other peculiar and inconsistent things that they did (or didn't do) with the markings on these regulators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom