Can You 'Really' Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta start reading these threads more often...

:)

:thumb: A lot of enjoyment can be had but ya have to start reading before the posts start to disappear :wink:

Honestly, I am not big on internet drama...and I find enough of that in the "gear" sections....and I can be opinionated, which may not be good from a business side of things, so I try to stay out of stuff like this.

However.....

I think that new and inexperienced divers may be better served by going on dive boats that are set up to cater to their needs, and understand that the divers are "new" and need a little extra help.....and there is NOTHING wrong with that, in my opinion.

I also believe that people get online, read all these forums, and all of the sudden feel that they are experienced divers way before they actually are....and that may lead to signing up for trips that they really aren't ready for.

The bottom line is, each diver is responsible for knowing where they are at in their experience levels, and need to be honest with themselves.

Like I said before, there are charter boats out there that make their living catering to new divers, and will help you get the experience to move to the next level. If you would like specific names, feel free to PM me and I will do my best to help you out!!!

This is just my 2 cents, and you can agree or disagree - that is your right.

Dive safe,

Scott

Honestly, I am not big on internet drama...and I find enough of that in the "gear" sections....and I can be opinionated, which may not be good from a business side of things, so I try to stay out of stuff like this.

However.....

I think that new and inexperienced divers may be better served by going on dive boats that are set up to cater to their needs, and understand that the divers are "new" and need a little extra help.....and there is NOTHING wrong with that, in my opinion.

I also believe that people get online, read all these forums, and all of the sudden feel that they are experienced divers way before they actually are....and that may lead to signing up for trips that they really aren't ready for.

The bottom line is, each diver is responsible for knowing where they are at in their experience levels, and need to be honest with themselves.

Like I said before, there are charter boats out there that make their living catering to new divers, and will help you get the experience to move to the next level. If you would like specific names, feel free to PM me and I will do my best to help you out!!!

Dive safe,

Scott

I disagree, therfore you are wrong.

ohh and BP/W's are the only way to dive, and I HAVE to use split fins . . .

:D

However.....

Dive safe,

Scott
Excellent!

You just stated the gist of the OP without coming off as insulting, pointing a finger or inflaming anyone!

Thanks! :wink:

Excellent!

You just stated the gist of the OP without coming off as insulting, pointing a finger or inflaming anyone!

Thanks! :wink:

Yeah, shame on you for that Scott! How dare you!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom