Can You 'Really' Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do almost anything for my buddy.

There have been times that the littlest thing sends me over the edge. No, really. :wink: I read very few of the posts but I'd like to give the OP the benefit of the doubt that something set her off and she just needed to vent.

I have a friend that has a broken back. He can't lift anything heavy. A couple of us will buddy up with him so that we can handle his gear and if there was a problem, handle it. We toss his gear into the water, and then he puts it on. He takes it off before getting back on the boat and we get it up. Once in the water, he's a fish.

That may stop some people from diving with him, but not me. There's so much other crap in the world to worry about I'm just thankful when I get to blow bubbles!

:kiss2: Joyce, I'd dive and carry your gear anytime!

Last edited by a moderator:
<snip>
does your car/suv/truck smell like anything other than moldy scuba gear?
<snip>

If, as an instructor, your gear smells moldy thus making your vehicle smell moldy, what kind of example are you setting as a dive professional?

Wow ... there's 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back ... :shakehead:

Somebody needs to tell this lady that she's not a real diver ... although most of her dive buddies consider it a real honor to carry her gear down to the water for her ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If I could answer "yes" to all of Susie's questions I would then like the opportunity, on occasion, to dive solo but unfortunately this does not apply to procedures on most commercial boats.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

We are now in the right forum.
Do remember that ALL the ToS rules apley here aswell.
So NO name calling or personal attacks,no trolling or bullying and the likes
Now have FUN with it.

I would do almost anything for my buddy.

There have been times that the littlest thing sends me over the edge. No, really. :wink: I read very few of the posts but I'd like to give the OP the benefit of the doubt that something set her off and she just needed to vent.

I have a friend that has a broken back. He can't lift anything heavy. A couple of us will buddy up with him so that we can handle his gear and if there was a problem, handle it. We toss his gear into the water, and then he puts it on. He takes it off before getting back on the boat and we get it up. Once in the water, he's a fish.

That may stop some people from diving with him, but not me. There's so much other crap in the world to worry about I'm just thankful when I get to blow bubbles!

:kiss2: Joyce, I'd dive and carry your gear anytime!

Ann Marie, Why Thank You! :hugs: Although, since I never posted in this thread, before or after the moderation, don't know how my name came up. But again, Thanks anyway. :D

Hello everyone! The few that know me know I'm a lurker here. I also have a butt load of dives (and I'm an instructor) so occasionally I feel strong enough about a subject where I have a "NEED" to post.

That being said...

Hiya Suzi...... :crafty:

Its what differentiates 'divers', from 'people who dive'...

And Betty, I can assure you, you were not what she was referring to....

Wooo Hooo!
The trifecta of areas...

1) Tampa Bay
2) Basic Scuba Discussions
and finally...
3) Whine and Cheese...

Wow! This thread gets around faster than some people I've known...

Hiya Suzi...... :crafty:

Its what differentiates 'divers', from 'people who dive'...

And Betty, I can assure you, you were not what she was referring to....

Hey Net . . . I'm a pretty lame diver but improving . . but definitely don't consider myself a 'vacation' diver . . . just sorta look like one sometimes!!! :rofl3:

Stay tuned. . . I'll take my meds and be back tomorrow asking everyone to just get along! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom