Canadian woman lost - Puerto Vallarta. Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello.

Longtime reader, first time poster.

This is very sad news, indeed.

I have a more than passing interest, as I’m scheduled to do a 2-tank dive on Wed. with the relevant dive shop. I’m not mentioning their name because I’m asking a general question:

What would you do if you were in my shoes? What questions would you ask? I’m trying to be sensitive to the fact that he divemaster has just gone through days of searching and the family’s privacy while also wanting to be sure of my own safety.

Thanks.
We have been diving with him this week and helping with the search since the day after the accident. The dive op is a very cautious individual and very thorough. We are diving more with him today & tomorrow. This is a very tragic event and are still hoping for something for the family.

The dive op is a good shop. I won’t post details but the dive op did everything by the book and all indications are that it was not his fault. He is a PADI 5 Star and PADI has received all the info for their investigation. Nobody at this moment is pointing fingers or blaming and it is a tragic accident. We feel horrible for the family and have been praying for some sort of miracle.

Last edited:
Thanks, all.

I know which dive shop because the divemaster told me directly in email that he was the DM for that dive.

I appreciate all of your thoughts and I concur. I’m still going with them on Wed.

He told me what details he felt he could share while still respecting the victim’s privacy.

Thanks, all.

I know which dive shop because the divemaster told me directly in email that he was the DM for that dive.

I appreciate all of your thoughts and I concur. I’m still going with them on Wed.

He told me what details he felt he could share while still respecting the victim’s privacy.

Honesty and transparency. That says something.

We have been diving with him this week and helping with the search since the day after the accident. The dive op is a very cautious individual and very thorough. We are diving more with him today & tomorrow. This is a very tragic event and are still hoping for something for the family.

Are you going to Los Arcos on Wed? If so, we’ll meet.

Last edited:
It is heartbreaking to hear the news. So many are wondering what happened. Divetoad, can you explain how she went missing? How is it that he did everything by the book? So many of us are wondering what happened. The instructor owner says he brought her up to the surface and the captain said he never came up with her. Do you know what happened , were you on the dive when she went missing? Im am praying for the family. Such a tragedy.

Last edited:
The instructor owner says he brought her up to the surface and the captain said he never came up with her.
Where did you read that, please...??

The main things I’m left wondering are whether she went missing underwater (and how) and where her buddy was.

I’m hoping to get those details once her husband issues a statement, which is what the DM was waiting for.

Yes, we are all waiting to hear what happened. We are all still praying for her and her family. What I do know about the dive operation is that they do not have their own dive boat, that the rent regular pangas to take the divers out and do not rent diving boats for their trips.

Back
Top Bottom