Canceling Cancun trip, Looking at Punta CAna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving in Punta Cana is not the greatest. There's some nice fresh water diving on the island. Have you looked at Turks & Caicos? - much better diving - nice walls and reefs.

Mike

Diving in Punta Cana is pretty boring (unless you're there anyway and just want to get wet). The south coast...La Romana/Bayahibe has some very nice diving on the other hand.

Diving in Punta Cana is not the greatest. There's some nice fresh water diving on the island. Have you looked at Turks & Caicos? - much better diving - nice walls and reefs.

Mike
I've been looking at Puerto Plata - the reviews and posts that I found all seemed to point to the north shore as a being better. BUT, I haven't been there yet!
Turks & Caicos is definitlely one of the places to go on my list; I'm considering Tobago for next summer, but haven't found much on it yet.

KevinL

I am going to la Romans/bayahibe next month, I will dive there, for what I have read bayahibe is the diving spot in Dominican republic because is on the Caribbean side. Punta cans is not a good place to dive because the reefs are mute exposed to the currents of the Atlantic...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom