Cancelled/postponed trips due to COVID - please share your outcomes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe those of us that had the Roatan trip canceled can arrange something on our own. I was going solo and I really don't want to go alone (I will if I have to)

I've had a blast in Roatan, both on my own and not on my own. I've been when it was pouring rain every day and when it was blistering hot. I've never once had a bad time. Another of our members here has been on her own a number of times (she doesn't post here too much lately). She returned just before Covid shutdown with her preteens. They had a wonderful time until the end when it was an uncomfortable adventure trying to get back home.

Yes, having a good buddy with you can add to the trip,, though I've been stung that way too. :wink:

Remember though that I stay in WestEnd. I'm sure that staying at Anthony's would still be enjoyable but I have fallen for more quaint experiences in the world, which is one of the reasons I like it there so much.

Hello,
I hope my translation is correct , sorry of my rehearsal, but I just found the right topic

We had planned a getaway for a few years on tubbataha, in april, the trip of a lifetime for a european. Last year; on a snub stupidly the intermediaries, thinking of making some savings, and on a treaty directly with the boat mv dolphin / dolphinbaydivers. A friend had cruise on this boat.

Very few exchanges with Jan the dive master, since he is on a cruise during the week. So no answers possible during the week end , 3 words: yes, no, transfer here, ...
It is not very reassuring ....
In short,
I send 60% in October, by transfer to Tauber's account (the boss) ... a personal account? Okay

The Covid arrives;

I question them in March, and his return: boat at quay, no cruise.

of course ; so what?

So, postpone the cruise to next year, but ask for the remaining 40% of the cruise + 50% more for next year ....

50% for the boat that does not move with its staff and divemasters.

The cruise costs 1950 euros ; 50% I find it violent. … for two = 1950 euros more …

Return : 40%, negotiation . And if I find that the cruise is too expensive I can make myself their hotel (the Dolphinbayresort) or consider another cruise.

I share my "disappointment"
Yesterday, they offer me 30%

I would love your feedback, a little more experienced. I made myself well scammed

40% from 1950, which means that my cruise, if it takes place, next year, will cost me more 6000 euros (for two)
It does not make sense !

this cruise is offered by dive providers, so i guess they are serious. So i can't understand.

Now; I feel stupid, and stuck. Even if I endorse this 30% extra; I don't see myself on the boat next year to dive with a guy, who has just scammed me, at least that's my current feeling.

Would you mind to post this again in French? I think I understand what you are trying to say but might be wrong because some of the translation is quite far off, I think.

Booking deposit on FP Master for a trip in October 2020 was transferred to another trip in August 2021. Grateful thanks to my travel agent, Diversion Dive Travel.

So, you think October 2020 is still too early? I had mine rescheduled from May to October. I might have your spot then.

So, you think October 2020 is still too early? I had mine rescheduled from May to October. I might have your spot then.
The payment schedule required an additional deposit 6 months from cruise date. There was no point in putting more money in.

I want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly. You wire transferred the fees for the trip directly to the owner or staff of the boat in an effort to save some money and remove the middle man. You paid for 60% of the trip cost in Oct 2019 but the trip to Tubbataha was canceled this year due to the lockdown. They want you to pay the remaining balance and are willing to reschedule you to next year if you pay 50% more. You countered 40% and now they are offering 30% on top of the original trip price. Is that correct?

yes they w

Hi! I'd love to log this. What country was this sailing to? Thanks.

Hi! I'm happy to include any and all, even if it's local to you, because it might apply to someone else who isn't local who might be using that same op. If you're interested in sharing the specific op, let me know, and I can log it. :)

I want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly. You wire transferred the fees for the trip directly to the owner or staff of the boat in an effort to save some money and remove the middle man. You paid for 60% of the trip cost in Oct 2019 but the trip to Tubbataha was canceled this year due to the lockdown. They want you to pay the remaining balance and are willing to reschedule you to next year if you pay 50% more. You countered 40% and now they are offering 30% on top of the original trip price. Is that correct?
yes they want i pay the cruise and 50% more for reschedule.. Afet email exchanges they want 40% more then 30% more. This is the last email :
Good morning

The cancellation of the Trip is out of our control or circumstances beyond ones control.

In this case the Trip is not refundable.

But we offer as consideration a rebooking for 2021 and 2022 for 40%.

This is less as half of the cost for the Guest and fair.

Our Boat standing by with the Crew in Puerto Princessa this time.

We will give a 60% Voucher of the existing Trip and this Voucher can be used on all Trips we have 2021 and 2022 also for Puerto Galera Anilao Apo Riff Busuanga Coron Puerto Galera what is cheaper and maybe a Option also for rebooking. We already have cheaper Trip Prices and i can not make it lower as 40% rebooking fee so i can Guaranty the Trip in 2021 or 2022 will be continius and the company is still existing.
then :
Good morning

Yes you are right it cost 40% rebooking fee for 2021 or 2022.
I speak to Jan maybe i can reduce it to 30% but less i can not to make the Operation in 2021 and 2022 shure.

Manfred Tauber

Would you mind to post this again in French? I think I understand what you are trying to say but might be wrong because some of the translation is quite far off, I think.
Bonjour,
Nous avons payé 60% de la croisière en octobre par virement pour une croisière en avril.
Nous avons payé directement au bateau par virement sur le compte du patron.
La croisière a été annulée en mars.
Ils peuvent que je paye le complément pour reporter la croisière
+ 50 % pour l'année prochaine.
Après plusieurs échanges de mails , ils veulent que je paye maintenant +30%.
Cette somme est excessive.
Je voulais connaitre vos avis.
Voici son mail :
Good morning

The cancellation of the Trip is out of our control or circumstances beyond ones control.

We will give a 60% Voucher of the existing Trip and this Voucher can be used on all Trips we have 2021 and 2022 also for Puerto Galera Anilao Apo Riff Busuanga Coron Puerto Galera what is cheaper and maybe a Option also for rebooking. We already have cheaper Trip Prices and i can not make it lower as 40% rebooking fee so i can Guaranty the Trip in 2021 or 2022 will be continius and the company is still existing.

About the rebooking and all other Question please contact Jan Lorenz.

Best regards

et son dernier mail :

Good morning

I speak to Jan maybe i can reduce it to 30% but less i can not to make the Operation in 2021 and 2022 shure.

yes they want i pay the cruise and 50% more for reschedule.. Afet email exchanges they want 40% more then 30% more. This is the last email :
Good morning

then :
Good morning

Manfred Tauber

To me, it says that they'll give you 60% credit and you need to pay the balance of 40% for rebooking to 2021 or 2022, so total payment of 100%. If you book it for January it'll be 30%, so a total payment of 90%. My guess that it is cheaper because it could be due to off season?

So, postpone the cruise to next year, but ask for the remaining 40% of the cruise + 50% more for next year ....

Where does it say + 50% more next year?

Bonjour,
Nous avons payé 60% de la croisière en octobre par virement pour une croisière en avril.
Nous avons payé directement au bateau par virement sur le compte du patron.
La croisière a été annulée en mars.
Ils peuvent que je paye le complément pour reporter la croisière
+ 50 % pour l'année prochaine.
Après plusieurs échanges de mails , ils veulent que je paye maintenant +30%.
Cette somme est excessive.
Je voulais connaitre vos avis.
Voici son mail :
Good morning

About the rebooking and all other Question please contact Jan Lorenz.

Best regards

et son dernier mail :

Good morning

mais c'est du vol !!

Back
Top Bottom