Cancelled/postponed trips due to COVID - please share your outcomes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,
I hope my translation is correct , sorry of my rehearsal, but I just found the right topic

We had planned a getaway for a few years on tubbataha, in april, the trip of a lifetime for a european. Last year; on a snub stupidly the intermediaries, thinking of making some savings, and on a treaty directly with the boat mv dolphin / dolphinbaydivers. A friend had cruise on this boat.

Very few exchanges with Jan the dive master, since he is on a cruise during the week. So no answers possible during the week end , 3 words: yes, no, transfer here, ...
It is not very reassuring ....
In short,
I send 60% in October, by transfer to Tauber's account (the boss) ... a personal account? Okay

The Covid arrives;

I question them in March, and his return: boat at quay, no cruise.

of course ; so what?

So, postpone the cruise to next year, but ask for the remaining 40% of the cruise + 50% more for next year ....

50% for the boat that does not move with its staff and divemasters.

The cruise costs 1950 euros ; 50% I find it violent. … for two = 1950 euros more …

Return : 40%, negotiation . And if I find that the cruise is too expensive I can make myself their hotel (the Dolphinbayresort) or consider another cruise.

I share my "disappointment"
Yesterday, they offer me 30%

I would love your feedback, a little more experienced. I made myself well scammed

40% from 1950, which means that my cruise, if it takes place, next year, will cost me more 6000 euros (for two)
It does not make sense !

this cruise is offered by dive providers, so i guess they are serious. So i can't understand.

Now; I feel stupid, and stuck. Even if I endorse this 30% extra; I don't see myself on the boat next year to dive with a guy, who has just scammed me, at least that's my current feeling.

Which boat?

Does anyone else recognize the name that I'm assuming is that of the owner, Manfred Tauber? Who is this Jan that Manfred refers to in his last email?

I am booked to be on the AquaCat Bahamas from June 13-20.

Just spoke to Barbara and Kevin at Allstar Liveaboards and while they have not cancelled the trip, they are offering a full future rebooking credit if customers want that option for this trip.

As of today, the Bahama's are set to reopen May 31
Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Nassau, The Bahamas | U.S. Embassy in The Bahamas

But it looks like the major airlines are cancelling flights through June, and Atlantis and Baha Mar are both closed through June.

BIG shout-out to Allstar for their kindness, flexibility and response to this situation.

We just got email from Aggressor about our April 24 T&C trip, offering a free reschedule within 12 months, vouchers to follow. At the moment I don't know if the vouchers will be for a week, or for the 25% off price we paid originally. I would understand either outcome.
Just got word today that my June 20 T&C Aggressor trip has been cancelled and I will be receiving the same voucher good for 1 year.

@outofofficebrb - where are we going? I've got an Aggressor voucher burning a hole in my pocket and just got an email with a bunch of coral snob destinations on sale that would be right up your alley. Maybe a mini-LOB invasion once quarantine ends?

I am booked to be on the AquaCat Bahamas from June 13-20.

Just spoke to Barbara and Kevin at Allstar Liveaboards and while they have not cancelled the trip, they are offering a full future rebooking credit if customers want that option for this trip.

As of today, the Bahama's are set to reopen May 31
Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Nassau, The Bahamas | U.S. Embassy in The Bahamas

But it looks like the major airlines are cancelling flights through June, and Atlantis and Baha Mar are both closed through June.

BIG shout-out to Allstar for their kindness, flexibility and response to this situation.

Great to hear and totally not surprised by how they are handling it. Barbara and that gang have always been top notch in my experiences of dealing with them.
We are due on the Aqua Cat the middle of September so I am hoping everything has simmered down by then.

I had a reservation on the Arenui for Komodo and they have been horrible! 90 days prior to departure, with a level 4 travel alert to their country and with the city that I live in having just extended our "stay at home" order, their only solution is for me to send them the full balance due or loose my deposit. They have a zero tolerance refund policy. Diver beware, if you ever send them any money, you will never see a red cent of it back under any circumstances. No voucher for a future trip with my $4,000.00 deposit. Trip insurance doesn't cover Covid unless you are sick on or immediately before the trip. They also insist that their mid August trip is on. I just read this morning that the President of Indonesia just admitted that he has intentionally suppressed data about the number of cases of Covid 19 in his country because he didn't want to cause panic! How about some honesty, compassion and a care for the many divers that would like to travel and enjoy your country? There are many beautiful places in the world to dive and operations to dive with, don't make the same mistake that I did in choosing the Arenui dive operation to take your money and run.

Back
Top Bottom