Cancun: 8/29-9/4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our trip was great.I booked all of my Dives and whale shark trips with CX Divers ( The best Dive shop I have every Booked with In my 2 1/2 years diving. Marco Is a very good Person,He is very knowledgeable.I am honored to call him a friend. Thanks again Marco!) I got some great video of the dives we went on also of the whalesharks.Iworking on putting it all together for one good dvd. The day we went to the whalesharks I counted 56 just around the boat

well hope you trip was ok for you
Matt

Hey Matt,

Glad to hear you had a great time and you found a great dive op. This year was the year not to go to Holbox or Contoy. It was on the east side of IM where they were.

Actually I had a crappy vacation. Problems with the resort, prices up at least 30%, etc. If I go back next year, it will not be to the resort. My buddy can get me an all inclusive for $65/night pp.

I did get a dive on Manchones in and another to the C58 and different reef. Got a couple good pics of eagle rays which was a total surprise on the wreck! Diving was great as always, everything else sucked....

Hey Matt,

Glad to hear you had a great time and you found a great dive op. This year was the year not to go to Holbox or Contoy. It was on the east side of IM where they were.

Actually I had a crappy vacation. Problems with the resort, prices up at least 30%, etc. If I go back next year, it will not be to the resort. My buddy can get me an all inclusive for $65/night pp.

I did get a dive on Manchones in and another to the C58 and different reef. Got a couple good pics of eagle rays which was a total surprise on the wreck! Diving was great as always, everything else sucked....

Why were you surprised by eagle rays on he wreck? Or were you surprised at the pics?

I was surprised at the eagle rays being on the wreck at this time of year. I feel most fortunate to have seen them. Even more so that I got some pics!

Okay, really....I'm amazed that any pictures I took came out. I had my old A70 with an underwater enclosure. It was my first time shooting UW with this setup. I had the fstop at 1.4 so I don't know whether that was correct or not. Definitely good for up close, but further away...yeah well. I was diving with this chick that had a $5K rig. I wonder if her pics were any better than mine.....:eyebrow:

Ahhh yes i didnt see what time of year you were diving. Havent been on the wreck much these last few months and of course earlier in the year they are always there.

Decided didnt like the wreck the other week when the 25C thermocline was there! Damn that felt cold!

Ah yes....thin-blooded locals down there. It was 76 F when we were diving. That is about 4 degrees warmer than our warmest water up here. My son was wanting his 3/2 for the first ten minutes and then he acclimated.

It was two weeks ago we were down. Diving was good but everything else was marginal....except for the trips to La Playitas and Pescaditos. Good to hang at the local spots.

Back
Top Bottom