Cancun>Cozumel>Puerto Aventuras Am I crazy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dennis,

Did you guys just start picking up/returning to resorts a couple weeks ago?

After our night dive 9/09 I had a heck of a time finding a taxi to take me back to the Barcelo. Asked the guy tending the desk @ the Omni to call one & he wanted to charge me for calling. Finally found a stray driving by that picked me up.

Terry

Terry,

Yes, we are able to do some hotels with our arrangement and should be able to expand the list within a couple of months.

I am sorry to hear about the problem with the taxi, I thought you had a car or I would have given you a ride or had someone take you back to the hotel. Again sorry to hear about this.

Dennis

Spratman:

I couldn't agree more!

Dennis at Aquanauts in Puerto Aventuras took very good care of me as a solo diver last year. I took his DPV (Diver Propulsion Vehicle) course, & had an absolute blast!

Also had a great time doing cenote dives & a night dive with them. Professional, warm & friendly, well-trained staff. Good selection of merchandise at shop. Fair prices. Great emphasis on safety & fun. Right next door to wonderful cafe with the tastiest shrimp ceviche & home-made pies & pastries!

Alaine

Greetings

I have done what you plan to do - a mix of travel between Cozumel, Cancun and Puerto Aventuras.

I would recommend the side trip to Cozumel. The diving is well worth the travel involved.

If you are an excellent diver with excellent buoyancy control, then you might enjoy staying at Puerto Aventuras and doing some cavern dives in the cenotes. But only if your buoyancy control is excellent.

Scuba Club is a great choice, looking forward to meeting you there.

The easiest way to get around the area is a taxi. There are plenty of taxis and they are easy to find. It is a very long ride between Cancun airport and Puerto Aventuras -- if my memory serves me well, it's about 45 minutes or more. The taxi ride between Playa del Carmen and Puerto Aventures is only 20-30 minutes.

Puerto Aventuras is a nice place. Very safe. Good food.

Anyone know, did they finally finish the construction right outside of Puerto Aventuras?

Yes, the overpass in front of the entrance to PA is finished. They are doing the same type of construction now in Puerto Morelos and have planned to do two overpasses in Playa to ease some of the traffic congestion. Who knows when those will be in place? The locals just shrug when asked.

'Morning Harry,

I'm all booked for SCC. I was going to take the bus from Cancun to Playa but decided instead to do a private transfer. Then from Playa to Puerto Aventuras I'm getting a ride from the friendly folks at Aquanauts. I have a cenote dive scheduled. I've never before seen the caution about needing excellent buoyancy control. I'm not bad; I don't muck up the bottom.

I'm looking forward to meeting you too!

Now that you've got it all figured out -

Relax and enjoy - you're going to have a blast. Prepare for the temperature change! :D

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom