Cancun Diving in mid march

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTUdiver

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

New to scuba board. But I have lurked for a while :dork2:

I am going to Cancun mid March with some friends and I am also looking to dive. I have done COZ before when I first started diving and loved it. this time I think I will stay in Cancun, maybe a day trip to COZ.

Anyone going to be there around this time? I have a dive buddy but always looking for others!

What dive shop do yal reccomend? I have heard of Manta divers, but got mixed reviews (on here using search feature).

oh I also heard I might be getting to see some Bull Sharks in the Cancun PDC area, true? hope so! I still dont believe "sharks" exist...I think its liberal propaganda..I havent seen one yet (nurse sharks dont count...)

Yea if heard, it might not be worth it. My dive buddy really wants to go to Coz, but I think if we do one dive in Cancun and its nice he will give up on it.

Whats the vis like mid march in cancun usually?

Ben can tell you if they are still getting bull sharks then. I think they are still seeing them. Good luck on the trip! You'll have a great time with Ben and Jorge. Spend a night out with them at some of the local places. Way cheaper than eating in the hotel zone. Go over to the bull ring for some fresh tacos...:wink:

haha I def will!

though im not a huge fan of "real" mexican tacos...TexMex is where its at :wink: but I guess il drink the tequila :)

Im excited, any more tips on places to go?

Were staying at the Grand Oasis

We dove with Alvaro from scuba diving cancun, riviera maya, cavern, open water, experienced dive master, playa del carmen, cancun. buceo profesional en la riviera maya, buceo de caverna, mar abierto, playa del carmen, cancun and had a ton of fun. We'll be diving with him again this May.
And the sharks are real. I've got a lovely video here of a big Black Tip Shark crusing around us last year. Also a Stingray that was ~5 feet across the wings. Lots of little ones, sure, but this guy was a monster.

TTU,

We are diving with Ben Mooney @Scorpio Divers the 25th and 26th of March in Cancun

I will be diving with Ben in Cozumel on the 31st of March. I dove with Ben last year, when he was with MAD, great guy. I will be doing a Cancun dive with him also this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom