Cancun Diving in mid march

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey all,
Thanks for the good words and support as always, plenty of beers and good times coming your way after our dives!
The bull sharks are slowly returning after a 7 week absence due to the noise and boat traffic from the beach replenishment project. On Monday we got to see 4 bull sharks, 2 large females 6 to 8ft and 2 smaller males. We estimate around 7 or 8 sharks have returned to the area and í am sure the numbers will increase within a week or so and hopefully the sharks will stick around til April?!
The weather has been suprisingly lousy and a bad start to the new year, cold north winds closing the port constantly, 60f air temp but the diving is always good and the water still qualifies as ¨bath tub!¨ at 79f but nothing compared to you poor folks in the states!!!
Bull sharks, wrecks, reefs, Eagle rays, cenotes, fish tacos and cold beers..... your almost here!!!

hi i stayed in cancun and did one dive with a LARGE dive shop wouldnt do that again. i took the bus to puerto moreles and dove with aquanauts diveadventures the owners name is william great little shop to dive with. over the week we did wreck dives,reef and cenotes w,ith him and loved all of them.

I just got back from Cancun and I highly recommend Ben and Jorge at Scorpio Divers. They will accomidate any diving you want to do depending on the weather. They are great to hang out with and very safe with the dive plan.

Yes there are a few Bull Sharks back at Playa after the sand barges scared them away, I saw them last Tuesday.

Hi
My bro and I are heading to Cancun in March also going to be 13-20. How about yourself?

Hi again
Staying at Imperial Fiesta Club at Casa Maya. How about you, where are you staying?

sharon: Grand Oasis. who do you plan on using to dive?

426: how was the vis?

Back
Top Bottom