Candidasa this time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markb

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all
Decided to go back to Bali in November for a couple of weeks. Stayed in Padangbai last time and went over to Komodo etc.
I'm thinking this time I would get up to PB and do a few dives there and then go to candidasa. Or should I go up to Amed?
After that it's either Gilli air or Lembongan(?). Been to Tulamben so not bothered about going back there.
The idea is to do some top dives - I know the Gillis are not going to be that so will only spend 2/3 days there.
Any advice appreciated!
Cheers
Mark

Candi Dasa or Padang Bai diving doesn't differ much, dive operators are going to the same divesites.
All dives from Lembongan can be accessed from fine Padang Bai operators as well.
Amed diving apart from the Japanese wreck and some other advanced dives accessed from the southern part is not worth IMO, especially after last year bleaching episode.
I don't like Amed for the many backpacker scams either (scooter rental, cost of local food, mundane dive shops...) .

Ok Luko thanks for that.
I think I actually posted a similar question when I had just got back from Bali but had forgotten about it. Might have a look and see if there is anything topside in Indo that is worth a trip.
Cheers

Amed diving apart from the Japanese wreck and some other advanced dives accessed from the southern part is not worth IMO, especially after last year bleaching episode.

Hadn't heard about Amed bleaching. I'm assuming it must have affected Tulamben as well ..???

Hadn't heard about Amed bleaching. I'm assuming it must have affected Tulamben as well ..???
It might be less spectacular on black sand somehow I didn't find Tulamben was that hit in comparison..
On the contrary I thought Amed shallows areas were in really bad shape. For instance Jemeluk coral garden on the eastern side was really damaged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom