Cannabis and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
daily use for the last 12-13 years... tho' I Have been to Amsterdam twice... :wink:

And I thought your user name was to pay homage to your time in the Army! Now I see. :D

Don't get me wrong, I've done my fair share (probably more) of stupid things in my time. I once went diving after drinking ONE beer. Worst dive I've ever had, won't ever do it again. I could only imagine diving after toking up a fatty...:) But, common sense prevails, if you get stoned the night before a dive, it should make no difference than if you had a few beers the night before.

If DAN can somehow get around the Schedule I issue and needs volunteers, give me a call!

I do not really thing that you should be bring such a stupid post to this forum! If you to smoke pot and dive have you ever thought of the danger you could cause to other divers! Grow up and do something sensible with your life, smoking pot sure is not a good thing to advertise as there are police divers who log onto this site!
jeez chris! relax!

my grandmother has more sense to react hostily to any mention of drugs...

the dean of student affairs where i teach has this stupid notion that drug education for students INTRODUCES and EDUCATES them to take drugs...

just like sex education then... we might as well let kids discover sex and sexuality on their ownn because god knows if you educated them to be careful of STDs they'll all get pregnant and/or sick!

ptth.

Jag

Hi paddler3d,

Leaving aside the extremely high likelihood that the OP was a troll, you might enjoy this recent blog from Undercurrent:

Sex, Drugs, Rock n’ Roll and Diving | Divers' Blogs

Regards,

DocVikingo

Nice story.

I'd love to see the Navy report of those tests. They probably got brushed under the table by Nixon and Anslinger.

I tell you, some guys have all the luck!

I'm not 100% sure if the OP was a troll. This is a question that I'd really love to know the answer to, specifically how it could relate to nitrogen narcosis and how one manages with nitrogen narcosis. My theory is someone who is a regular is easier able to manage nitrogen narcosis. This would be because the user is used to interacting in life a bit on the high side. BTW, my theory only relates to THC.

There are a lot of anecdotal stories out there, due to the fact it is Schedule I and tests can't even be conducted...at least in this country, but it would be real nice to see a study of regulars and experience of nitrogen narcosis vs. the control group of non-users and experience of nitrogen narcosis.

This is a great post, and I would love to see more studies done on it. I am not a drug user but I love my beer. However I think that you can apply the rule with drinking to THC. I usually don't drink 24 hours before a dive, but I will never drink 12 hours before a dive. I am a college student who loves beer, but I appreciate living too much to risk drinking before diving. I like the method of diving then drinking. I know I am safe and can enjoy my brew.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom