Cannabis and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely, not to mention the rats were given pure thc, most likely in liquid form. PM in your inbox.

I thought i would post the PDF sent to me by Kern. I found it extremely interesting, hope it is for you guys too. If you want me to take it down kern just let me know.

P1.JPG

P2.JPG

P3.JPG

P4.JPG

P5.JPG

P6.JPG

I thought i would post the PDF sent to me by Kern. I found it extremely interesting, hope it is for you guys too. If you want me to take it down kern just let me know.

I'm a great believer in information being freely available mate. I'v no idea about the legalities of posting here though.

A bit off topic...

I'm a health care professional, I don't put anything in my lungs but air/the appropriate gas mixture, and I'd much rather go diving with a buddy who had smoked a bit the day before than one who had too much to drink the night before. But no, I don't want to dive with anyone who is under the influence of anything that could impair their judgment, or make them psychotic (yes, cannabis can, as can steroids and a million other things) so I'd love to see a real study as to what the effects are and are not.

I'm baffled at how we have demonized cannabis in the US. Alcohol is a hell of a lot more dangerous but it won the political lottery a long time ago. I don't understand why cannabis is not handled the same way. Think of how it might improve our budget deficit. Over half of the war on drugs gets spent on this great societal evil. The very idea that it is in the same bucket as crystal meth is simply astounding to me. I'd much rather the dollars go to fighting THAT.

But in all seriousness, I think it is nearly criminal that it is not available for health conditions for which it has been studied. So many viable treatments that have come from plant world. But this one is stuck in a political quagmire. There is one product containing the active ingredient in cannabis which is used for diabetic gastroparesis. Cocaine is used in ENT surgeries to constrict vessels which cannot be cauterized well. Why in the world can't a doctor use cannabis as a therapeutic option for a patient problems? Politics. So now we have a bunch of treatments which are legal but not safe (think Xanax and such, narcotic pain relievers, etc) and a treatment for which is safe for most but not legal.

I saw the former surgeon general speak to the NC legislature about a medical marijuana bill. Of course it did not pass, and the governor went on record with her objection. Gotta love politics.

DAN should do a study on this...I'm sure they wouldn't have too hard of a time finding volunteers!

I've always theorized that individuals who are regular users are used to operating 'impaired' and therefore would manage the narcosis a bit better.

It has been my experience that regular users tend to drink more water (fear of getting too fat from other munchies) and would be less likely to be dehydrated and less likely to experience DCS!

I can wish, right?

Dan should. and I dont see why that cant do a study outside of the united states in a more pot friendly nation. Maybe theres some bylaw restricting them from doing it. But, considering the sheer amount of divers that do smoke pot, i think its something worth investing in. And I agree, being under the influence of marijuana is far different then being drunk, as im sure most of you know. And, someone who does smoke everyday would, at least in my mind, would have no decision making problems while at depth.

I would humbly volunteer for this dangerous experiment if the opportunity arose. Not for fame or adventure but for America, yeah, America.

I'd consider smoking cannabis on the same level as drinking alcohol. Both are drugs.

That is like saying that an 18-wheeler and motorcycle are "modes of transportation".

True in the most broad of terms, but the comparision breaks down almost immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom