Can't post in Dive NY forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Sparkle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I wanted to reply to a post in the Dive NY forum (about fundies classes scheduled at Dutch Springs), but when I try to reply or quote-reply, I get this message:

ScubaBoard Message

Blue Sparkle, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I was not trying to edit anyone else's post, and I'm not awaiting activation, and I don't think I've said anything controversial enough to be "disabled."

I don't find the Dive NY forum in the regional forums; I tried to look to see if there was anything special I had to do to post there.

Thanks ahead for any info you can provide,

B.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to reply to a post in the Dive NY forum (about fundies classes scheduled at Dutch Springs), but when I try to reply or quote-reply, I get this message:

ScubaBoard Message

Blue Sparkle, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I was not trying to edit anyone else's post, and I'm not awaiting activation, and I don't think I've said anything controversial enough to be "disabled."

I don't find the Dive NY forum in the regional forums; I tried to look to see if there was anything special I had to do to post there.

B.

All you need to do is contact one of that forum's Moderators and they should be able to grant you access. Why not pm CJM, he's the newly appointed forum MOD.

ScubaBoard Message

B.

Go to your User Group settings: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups

Add DNY and submit. An email will be sent to the forum leaders who can grant you access.

Or you can do what Steve said. :)

If I recall correctly, I still had to submit a PM, requesting access. Or, maybe that was :holysheep:, yanking my chain.

It *shouldnt.* The join request should automatically send a PM to all of the group leaders that have been identified as able to approve access. LB might have just been having a PEBKAC error. :D

Ran in to the same issue, those New York divers are having way too much fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom