Cape Ann area instructors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bmazin

Registered
Reaction score
I'm using a Christmas trip to Mexico as a way to get my Dad and brother certified. In order to keep them out of the classroom in Mexico, I was wondering if you guys could recommend some shops/instructors in the Boston/Northshore/Cape Ann area who they could do the classwork and poolwork with. I know this means I'll probably have to send them to a PADI shop (sigh), but I'll try my best to supplement their training.

Ben

bmazin once bubbled...
I know this means I'll probably have to send them to a PADI shop (sigh), but I'll try my best to supplement their training.

BTW: Skill for skill... they will all be generally the same. A crappy instructor from one cert agency is still a crappy instructor.

You'll be fine with some of the good instructors around here, regardless of cert agency.

I'd recommend:

Jeff Haskell - Discover Diving
Tom Huff - NEScuba [he might not be doing OW courses]
Butch Goodwin - NEScuba [dives DIR BTW]
Jim Hinkley - Aquashack [Don't know him, but I've heard great things]

I agree, a good instructor makes more difference than training agency. Thanks for the tips!

Ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom