Carnival 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great! I booked a trip arriving on Feb 15th for 7 days. I will at least get to see the big last night parade. Looking forward to my 1st Carnival!

Me too! I booked too early last year. This year I booked to stay on island the whole month so I wont miss it. I cant wait. Fist time I have ever wanted winter to come early. It's usually 40c below zero at that time.

Me too! I booked too early last year. This year I booked to stay on island the whole month so I wont miss it. I cant wait. Fist time I have ever wanted winter to come early. It's usually 40c below zero at that time.
You are going for a whole month? I hope to be able to do that next summer. :)

Sometimes elections will fall over the weekend prior to Ash Wednesday. If this occurs they will change the dates of Carnival, partly due to the fact that alcohol sales are limited during elections.

Thanks Mike I get when they do it no beer and all that but still. It is a religious holiday.
I should end on ash wednesday. Try and change Christmas and see what happens. This is one of those holidays that is hard for me to understand it seems like the party is going great and the repenting part is out the window.
How many people come to coz for carnival and have no idea what it is about. Same said for New Orleans version of the same holiday.

Ted I agree with you completely. Carnival signifies the beginning of Lent, which usually has the signifigance of people NOT partying until after Easter. Easter is a celestial based holiday (it is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox), so the window for Ash Wednesday is limited. Being as 90+% of the country is Catholic you would think the elections would be set outside of the window. It's weird that Carnival/Mardis Gras is celebrated every where in the world on the correct dates except for here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom