Cave Diver mishap Ginnie Springs 04SEP09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm afraid we'll be matching up more screen names than Jim's, but hopefully the names don't get posted until the family and close friends get notified.

I've heard what contender has, and it sounds like the ending wasn't a good one. :depressed:

Sadly that is true, he was a member on this board.

There's going to be a delay in notifying the next of kin, leave name out of it for now.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Threads merged.

Damn this sucks. My heart trully goes out to the family. I have dove near cave entrances, poked my head inside and left. I personally don't get the itch and would never pursue it, but I can totally understand why we pursue seemingly mad ventures.

There's going to be a delay in notifying the next of kin, leave name out of it for now.

No one has said his name! Those of us who know, are not going to post it, especially when we personally knew him.

Where exactly is "Harrys Crack" ?
That does NOT need to be posted on this forum or any message board IMO. It's not labeled on the maps for a reason. It's tight, silty, and you'll often blow the front half of the cave out, not to mention the line has several "traps" in it.

I will say this...if you figure out where it's at, ask dive buddies where it comes out at and set it up as a circuit, you don't want to go back the same way you went in if you can avoid it. It's backmountable, but certainly better done in SM.

does anyone know know if he was diving solo?......anyways, i got my whole family praying for him and his family.....

Back
Top Bottom